Why become a member? ×

NBD fender jazz bass elite

Reggaebass

Well this arrived yesterday, I’ve been looking for one for a while and a practically new condition one came up, not really been played, only tested and it still had the plastic on the pickups and tuning pegs , I have to say that the compound neck profile is amazing (not that I venture much up the dusty end 😁), it really feels great. It’s taking me a while to find the sound I like with the controls, any advice greatly welcomed , It’s quite a joy to play 🙂

9DC34158-047F-4BF3-BF5A-89E769BE5238.jpeg

• Like 19

2 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

got my own active J/J arriving tomorrow, something I’ve been after for years so, fingers crossed, it lives up to expectation.

Nice one 👍, have you had active before, how did you get on with them, it’s taking me longer than I thought to find the sweet spots 

Just now, Reggaebass said:

Thanks T Bay , that’s exactly what I’m finding 

It’s most likely the same preamp as the ultra is pretty much the same as the Elite. It really does work incredibly well live though and I have had a lot of positive feedback on it. At home I like a bit more low down so just dial it in.

I love the colour of yours, this is my one-

B426BFDA-F7DA-4E5F-B7D8-28FC55DC918D.thumb.jpeg.d3868f18e85f2d0308e48ba7c343192a.jpeg

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, T-Bay said:

It’s most likely the same preamp as the ultra is pretty much the same as the Elite. It really does work incredibly well live though and I have had a lot of positive feedback on it. At home I like a bit more low down so just dial it in.

B426BFDA-F7DA-4E5F-B7D8-28FC55DC918D.thumb.jpeg.d3868f18e85f2d0308e48ba7c343192a.jpeg

Dear Lord…is that cobra blue?

1 minute ago, T-Bay said:

That’s lovely 👍

• Like 1

On 20/02/2022 at 16:45, T-Bay said:

Actually I've read that there's much higher boosts on treble and mids on the Elite than the Ultra.

• Like 1