Why become a member? ×

Bass love

Rayman

Depends, but Yep, love the lines and flow of certain basses... but no so much others.

Likes a Simple P, J, Ibby SR, Ricky 4000's Love the look of my Harley B MBO850 Acoustic Bass...

Not so much the new fangled Wal, Warwick Thumb or Yam TRBX type things, they just look 'wrong' and make my teeth itch.

Same with Cars 'n Bikes.

I'm very much a 'Form Follows Function' design wise, but the odd flourish is nice

Got 'told off' some years back saying "Thats Georgeous!" when seeing a Benneli Tre in a bike shop...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, police squad said:

simply, yes. I go to guitar shops and look bt rarely try anything

To be fair, there are few guitar shops that have more selection than the usual FSO's and maybe a couple of others.

T'internet has of course changed things a bit...

Recently I've been staring a lot at my old Precision ( which is almost 50 years old and 10 years younger than me ) . It's not the pristine example it was when it left Fullerton , mostly because I've dragged around every scummy toilet of a pub in the north of England since I was 17 , but when I look at it I also look in the big bedroom mirror and realise it's wearing better than I am !! 

There's been an odd time , too , when I've had a dark thought that one day it'll still be hanging there when my ashes have been scattered to the wind.

I don't know if that qualifies as bass love but I am concerned about what will become of it.

• Like 3

On 21/02/2022 at 00:45, Dr.Dave said:

Recently I've been staring a lot at my old Precision ( which is almost 50 years old and 10 years younger than me ) . It's not the pristine example it was when it left Fullerton , mostly because I've dragged around every scummy toilet of a pub in the north of England since I was 17 , but when I look at it I also look in the big bedroom mirror and realise it's wearing better than I am !! 

There's been an odd time , too , when I've had a dark thought that one day it'll still be hanging there when my ashes have been scattered to the wind.

I don't know if that qualifies as bass love but I am concerned about what will become of it.

Pictures, mister… pictures