Why become a member? ×

Limelight '68 Purple Metallic - *SOLD*
£2000
Northampton / London / Can Drive

Ander87

Hey All,

These basses have been loved for and absolutely fantastic, with not a single added mark nor ding. As bought new from Mark. You can see how strongly I feel about Limelights across many posts in this forum.

£950 - '68 Purple Metallic ultra light relic - comes with tweed case, jazz neck, as new with only home use, very very little use 

* Matching headstock - vintage tinted nitro neck

* Nordstrand Power Blade - can genuinely do warm clean but super nice distortion

* KiOgon circuit with tone selector: 1. kill switch, 2, bypass for max output, 3 is 0.22pf, 4 is 0.100pf. Series / Parallel push/pull on volume with a very very convincing jazz pickup sound.

* Fender US original ashtray covers, aging matched

* Gotoh Res-o-lite tuners aged to match

* New NYXL 45-105

3.65kg from Mark's scales.

This first picture is more accurate body colour wise, but it really pops in may other pictures:

image.png.af749371296db5740c4a008fa0a25193.png

image.thumb.png.eae6f223ecb4cc6f3b37fdb15be6a474.png

image.thumb.png.febe6a62915c7b59bba98cb971abc3ee.png

image.thumb.png.f5c6ef03703582722424b8ba99194c6c.png

image.thumb.png.7e628c84beed80356d0e71c21db1aaab.png

Price sheet added just before completion -£1398 not including Nordstrand pickup I used, nor KiOgon circuit (total easily over 1,550£), hence £950 ovno:

image.thumb.png.023034073cf49937d6aebaa5897e07d1.png

Plenty of references, more pictures if requested, any question just ask.

Best, 

Ander.

Edited by Ander87
  • Like 16
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, ead said:

Can't believe that you're doing this Ander :o

BTW fellow BCers, Ander is a top dude to deal with.  In fact I now own the missing third Limelight.

Can't believe that either Alain! I'm pretty much disbanded as it stands and potentially can do with 2 basses just... that new SR4 has brought me memories of my forever love... that and a backup/different taste will probs do enough for me.

Thank you for the kind words, easy to deal with when the receiving end is a great chap like you ;) 

2 hours ago, karlfer said:

Gutted 😭

I expressed my adoration for the Purple P last week, bought a US Standard on Monday, this come up on Thursday.

Good luck Ander it's fabulous.

Argh! Argh Argh! Life eh? The purple bass was to be the star of the show from here on on my punk band! Still thinking wether I should let it go/will find better.... Received in late October and not gigged yet, as it came from Mark...! I had a bunch of gigs in November and didn't have a chance to try it out as we didnt rehearse and I was upgrading the circuitry... then Crimbo....

C'mon Karl, there's always space for one, particularly when 1/1 and as special as this beauty :D 

• Like 1

• Ander87 changed the title to Limelight Party: Charcoal Gone, Purple Available - Nordstrand/KiOgon...
2 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

@Ander87 - you’ve hit me right in my weak spot. P bass with a J neck in one of my favourite colours.

I note your location is /London. Whereabouts in London?

Ha! yep, J necks on P bodies are a thing for sure - I live in Northampton but I go down to London often-ish.

Tomorrow rehearsal in Camden, and Mon/Tues/Weds in South East / Greenwich area, for work...!

55 minutes ago, walshy said:

Why hasn’t @bassfan bought the purple one yet 

Despite wanting it and definitely considering adding a P to my arsenal,  my funds won’t bloody allow it. 🤦🏻‍♂️😤

Lovely bass though. It won’t be around long. 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ezbass said:

This seems so… I don’t have the right words. Such a shame. :( 

Ah....! sad would be to not play them! I'm actually sorta upset about the thing with the bands but that's how things have unfolded... After some months I may get readier to start a new project and for that I'll want the ray, likely...!

• Like 1

• Ander87 changed the title to Limelight Party: Purple Available - Pricesheet and more photos added

Don't trust much the colour as it shifts quite a lot - for this, the picture with it on the scale is pretty accurate, and the ones with the ashtray covers too.

In any case, more pictures of the goodness built by Mark at Limelight:

image.thumb.png.a829b0df984fc5f5a7ddf054046cb5e3.png

The checking....

image.png.459f5eada46eceb7746a1ec3e7d54c81.png

On the headstock nitro too:

image.thumb.png.528540e20e0607125b224445b29dbc3f.png

• Like 2

• Ander87 changed the title to Limelight '68 Purple Metallic
  • Ander87 changed the title to Sold Limelight '68 Purple Metallic