Why become a member? ×

Warwick SSI Endorsee Model... Oh no it isn't!

So let me check off what makes this bass a 'special' endorsee model;

"Look closely at the pics and compare to the run-of-the-mill Warwicks on Ebay. This one features..."

three band EQ - standard on all SSI
MEC pickups - standard on all SSI
neck-through construction - standard on all SSI
adjustable nut - standard on all SSI
gold hardware - standard on all SSI
24 fret - standard on all SSI
34" scale - standard on all SSI
reverse P-J pickup configuration - standard on all SSI
It has a Hipshot D-tuner on it [u]now[/u] (worth $110), and the original tuner will be included in the sale - Not standard on SSI BUT this was an aftermarket retrofit to this bass anyway
Comes with the Warwick manual and tool kit etc - standard on all SSI
deluxe Warwick gig bag - standard on all SSI
One thing missing the truss rod cover - Ah! taking off the truss rod cover makes it an endorsee model. :)

I must try that ploy next time I sell a SSI. :rolleyes:

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Warwick-Streamer-Stage-1-neck-thru-bass-endorsee-model_W0QQitemZ300306656134QQihZ020QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Warwick-Streamer-Sta...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='458107' date='Apr 9 2009, 10:13 AM']So let me check off what makes this bass a 'special' endorsee model;

"Look closely at the pics and compare to the run-of-the-mill Warwicks on Ebay. This one features..."

three band EQ - standard on all SSI
MEC pickups - standard on all SSI
neck-through construction - standard on all SSI
adjustable nut - standard on all SSI
gold hardware - standard on all SSI
24 fret - standard on all SSI
34" scale - standard on all SSI
reverse P-J pickup configuration - standard on all SSI
It has a Hipshot D-tuner on it [u]now[/u] (worth $110), and the original tuner will be included in the sale - Not standard on SSI BUT this was an aftermarket retrofit to this bass anyway
Comes with the Warwick manual and tool kit etc - standard on all SSI
deluxe Warwick gig bag - standard on all SSI
One thing missing the truss rod cover - Ah! taking off the truss rod cover makes it an endorsee model. :rolleyes:

I must try that ploy next time I sell a SSI. :D

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Warwick-Streamer-Stage-1-neck-thru-bass-endorsee-model_W0QQitemZ300306656134QQihZ020QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Warwick-Streamer-Sta...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url][/quote]

ahh, but you forget that it was [s]pulled off the shelf for[/s] made especially for that puddle of mud guy. Must make it worth at least an extra grand.(actually, I used to be into them, time to dig through the CD piles for a repreive methinks.) :)

[quote name='SteveO' post='458129' date='Apr 9 2009, 09:44 AM']ahh, but you forget that it was [s]pulled off the shelf for[/s] made especially for that puddle of mud guy. Must make it worth at least an extra grand.(actually, I used to be into them, time to dig through the CD piles for a repreive methinks.) :)[/quote]

It doesn't 'actually' say that the guy from PoM played or owned it. It states 'made for', any bass that anybody owns [u]could have been made[/u] for any 'famous' player. The fact is that ANY SSI ever made could have been made for the PoM bassist. :rolleyes:

The devil is in the detail and without some form of authentication/verification it is just a SSI. :D

Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='458138' date='Apr 9 2009, 10:51 AM']It doesn't 'actually' say that the guy from PoM played or owned it. It states 'made for', any bass that anybody owns [u]could have been made[/u] for any 'famous' player. The fact is that ANY SSI ever made could have been made for the PoM bassist. :rolleyes:

The devil is in the detail and without some form of authentication/verification it is just a SSI. ;)[/quote]

Surely you don't mean to suggest that someone advertising on ebay could be trying to mislead us or (shock horror) telling a fib? :)

Is nothing sacred? :D

Actually in all seriousness I read the as as "previously owned by puddle of mud guy and was given to him by warwick for free like they do to endorsee player types". Not that it would have made the bass worth more to me if it was, but you're right, it doesn't say that explicitly and so is probably bollocks, although I wonder why they didn't pick someone more famous, unless it WAS a endorsee freebie and the ad's badly written, or maybe it's a double bluff to make us think that...

My brain hurts now, need a lie down. Don't want a SSI anyway. :lol: