Why become a member? ×

Tace Elliot SM GP7 150 watt 1 x 15 combo, (model 2001) info needed.

evan47

A Trace Elliot SM GP7 1 x 15 combo has come up for sale locally.

I am tempted, very tempted but would like some info on it age, just how good they are, what to look/listen for when trying it out and any general advice about this particular combo.

The seller says it is fully working and the pics show it to be in decent condition with no rust on the metal corners or handles. 

It has the carpet like covering and red detail behind the grille.

He is asking for £190 ono.

Do these particular amps have any known issues? If there was a problem would it be easy to repair?

I gigged with one for some years, they're great. I think mine was 300w with an extension  cabinet.? Good solid bass tone, just really, really heavy. I separated the head from mine eventually to use with lighter cabs. I recall the fan got noisy, an easy replacement, otherwise I had no issues.

The main "issue" with these is that they weigh a ton.

Not a fan of Trace stuff (used a Trace rig in the late 80s/early 90s & never really liked it, plus it crapped out on me at the most important gig we ever did).

Having said all that you probably won't get a better bass combo for that price, especially if you can knock the price down a bit.