Why become a member? ×

Amazing Overwater customer service!

Bassman666

This is just a quick post regarding a new (to me) bass. Recently did a deal for my lovely xotic in exchange for a rather tasty looking overwater (which I believe used to live in this forum). The shop dropped the bass to my place and collected the other whilst I was at work. I got home to find although the bass is lovely, it has fret buzz on open A+B strings due to worn nut, and the truss rod nut was partially rounded. I contacted the shop who are going to pay for me to have repairs carried out.

I also contacted Overwater and a few emails back and forth with to order some replacement parts, Chris and the team sent me the parts I needed completely free of charge! 😁 🤘 To say the bass is 15 years old and they are still happy to help me out like this is really above and beyond what I'd have expected. Great customer service like this is what keeps people using certain brands! Keep up the good work Overwater 😁 

DSC_1046.JPG

Edited by Bassman666
  • Like 11

Overwater are awesome folks, Chris May is a legend. I spent an afternoon there many years ago getting my Progress 5 serviced. They let me just hang out and watch them work. 

Superb company and the basses are a thing of beauty.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

Sending out a bass that buzzes and has a partially munted truss nut is not my idea of C.S. Maybe I expect too much of shops that put stuff up for sale online. 

I believe he's saying he bought it from a shop, not from Overwater. If they had nothing to do with the transaction that sounds good service to me. The retailer perhaps less so! 

Lovely bass :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Mokl said:

I believe he's saying he bought it from a shop, not from Overwater. If they had nothing to do with the transaction that sounds good service to me. The retailer perhaps less so! 

Lovely bass :)

Must be so. OP introduced the bass coming from the shop detailing the above and beyond collection and delivery service, tying in with the thread title, so as you have detected I assumed Overwater's shop sent it out and then Overwater chief sorted it out.

I wouldn't be buying any more basses from that shop without checking them out!

Edited by Downunderwonder

Yeah I didn't buy it from Overwater which is why I was very pleased with them being so helpful..

The shop I bought it from have agreed to pay for me to have the parts replaced with my local luthier. But I agree, I already told them that its put me off ever buying from them again as the 'setup' they did was horrendous as they were trying to hide the buzzing by raising bridge saddles stupidly high! I've also edited the OP so hopefully it's not confusing.. 

Edited by Bassman666

That's great to hear! Same experience here too. I was messing around with the centre detented pots on my Custom P5  & Did something to one of them & they sent a whole new knob, spring, instructions plus two allen keys to tighten them up too. Cant fault them!

Chris May is a lovely man. I used to go up there quite a bit; he did the tour with me too. He also gave me a lift to the station when I bought a couple of basses once. We have differing ideas on instruments, tone and action height (he has said I use “guitar action”), but I’m sure we can both live with that. 😉