Why become a member? ×

Where are all the pickups?

Rubbersoul

On 15/02/2022 at 10:28, Sibob said:

I know Bartolini are also having availability problems, last I spoke to them, they had a load of stock sat on boats that are being held out on the water, issues with them docking or something. Very odd 

Si

That’s interesting to know, I was about to say I’ve found it next to impossible to get any kind of Bartolini pickups for well over a year now. I wanted some Js for my Thumb bass and the only place I could find them was direct from Warwick for pretty much twice the RRP. I’ve given up now. 

16 minutes ago, CookPassBabtridge said:

That’s interesting to know, I was about to say I’ve found it next to impossible to get any kind of Bartolini pickups for well over a year now. I wanted some Js for my Thumb bass and the only place I could find them was direct from Warwick for pretty much twice the RRP. I’ve given up now. 

They'll come back around again, and will be well worth the wait, but they're just experiencing the same issues as all the other manufacturers.

Si

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Rubbersoul said:

Well, spoke too soon. My new Geezer is delayed again with no delivery date. Disappointed.

Supposed to be April now, for some reason Thomann never sent an email when the due date fell through (15th Feb) so I asked and told 4th April. Maybe they did get a batch in but not enough 😕 

• Like 1

On 18/02/2022 at 09:25, CookPassBabtridge said:

Just got standard Mec's installed on your thumb? 

Funnily enough, I struggled picking up a set of EMG J pickups in black and finally managed to buy a pair (inc. pots and connectors) a week ago.

I've not installed them yet (well, they're still  as new and wrapped) as I actually really like the sound of the Jazz bass as it is. I've got a rehearsal tonight and will decide whether to stay with the stock pickups or not. Judging by all the retailers' websites the EMG's still seem difficult to come by so I should make my money back if I decide to sell them, given the ongoing shortage. 

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

Well apparently now according to Mark at Bass Direct they are in production now 🤷‍♂️ And obviously not due any day now as stated in his email 15th Feb and also ‘in stock’ on their website when they took the cash on 1st Dec 😬🤔 Me thinks they not telling the truth

• Like 1