Why become a member? ×

Where are all the pickups?

Rubbersoul

I don't know specifically about EMG pickups but there are shortages on various random things at the moment because there is a shortage of shipping containers in the far east which is causing delays in products manufactured there being shipped to Europe.

I know someone who payed 4 times the usual price for some Babylis hair curler gas cartridges on ebay because there are apparently none in UK shops at the moment.

Edited by Cato

9 hours ago, walshy said:

Same waiting since 1st December for some Fralins from Bass

Direct that were ‘in stock’. I really should know better by now 🤦‍♂️

I've ordered twice from Bass Direct. Both times the items were shown as in stock but weren't. I wouldn't order from them again. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

I've ordered twice from Bass Direct. Both times the items were shown as in stock but weren't. I wouldn't order from them again. 

No real point emailing them to make sure either... I did this a few weeks back, was told they 100% absolutely had it, so I paid, then I got an email in the morning saying they didn't have it. 😖

• Haha 1

Just now, binky_bass said:

No real point emailing them to make sure either... I did this a few weeks back, was told they 100% absolutely had it, so I paid, then I got an email in the morning saying they didn't have it. 😖

Yup I’ve had emails saying it’s due any day over the last 4 weeks. Last week apparently the order is now packed….in th USA 

Just now, walshy said:

Yup I’ve had emails saying it’s due any day over the last 4 weeks. Last week apparently the order is now packed….in th USA 

On a separate matter to the one I mentioned above, I paid for a case 3 weeks ago that I was told would arrive in 2 weeks, and when I emailed a few days ago (as I'd obviously heard nothing from them) I was told it will be another 4 weeks. The LEAST they could have done is told me. Refund now requested. 

Best not turn this into another thread about issues with BD - the last one got locked for absolutely no reason at all, I'd guess certain people have certain interests that such threads can be awkward for. 🤔

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

On a separate matter to the one I mentioned above, I paid for a case 3 weeks ago that I was told would arrive in 2 weeks, and when I emailed a few days ago (as I'd obviously heard nothing from them) I was told it will be another 4 weeks. The LEAST they could have done is told me. Refund now requested. 

Best not turn this into another thread about issues with BD - the last one got locked for absolutely no reason at all, I'd guess certain people have certain interests that such threads can be awkward for. 🤔

Yeah I’ve had same with DV24/7 with 2 cases and strings too. That was 1st Feb too and next day delivery 

In fairness to BD, I had been after an Nordstrand Music Man type and it was out of stock on the web site. Suddenly, the status changed and I was able to order and get it a couple of days later.

As has been said, the entire logistics business, in the UK, is in a state and this is just the manifestation of just that. I guess we just have to live with this random version of rationing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, walshy said:

Same waiting since 1st December for some Fralins from Bass

Direct that were ‘in stock’. I really should know better by now 🤦‍♂️

My wife ordered them for me for Christmas from Musique as they were the only place showing in stock. Communication has been poor.

It's likewise for other things, half of my Thomann whish list is saying things aren't going to be in stock for weeks (or months) and a pedal I ordered a month ago which was noted as 'available in 2-5 days' is still not delivered and is still noted as 'available in 2-5 days'. 

Whenever these pickups are mentioned I habe this mental picture of Geezer Butler in his shed using a drill to wind the pickups by hand, and then packaging them in EMG boxes. A couple of times a week Tony Iommi calls in to collect them and take them to the post office, but he skims a few off the top to sneakily sell in his own ebay shop.

Please don't ruin the illusion!

Edited by Bassfinger
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Bassfinger said:

Whenever these pickups are mentioned I habe this mental picture of Geezer Butler in his shed using a drill to wind the pickups by hand, and then packaging them in EMG boxes. A couple of times a week Tony Iommi calls in to collect them and take them to the post office, but he skims a few off the top to sneakily sell in his own ebay shop.

Please don't ruin the illusion!

The hold-ups with the Geezer Butler pickups is often due to injuries sustained tripping over a pished and passed out Ozzy.

• Haha 2