Why become a member? ×

I don't often say Fender and Wow in the same sentence but...

jd56hawk

Saw this one at Russo Music, a local shop.
Fender Custom Shop '60s Jazz Bass NOS Rosewood, Faded Shell PinkFender Custom Shop '60s Jazz Bass with AAA rosewood fingerboard, handwired single-coil pickups, and Fender Custom Shop New Old Stock finish treatment
$4,300.00

Screenshot_20220212-174628_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by jd56hawk
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, jd56hawk said:

I didn't buy it.

Other than that, I have four jazz basses and they're incredible.

I'm glad you enjoyed it from afar then.

If it's any consolation, I'm a pragmatic Jazz hater - if I saw a Jazz bass on fire, I'd put the fire out.  Then I'd sell it and buy something else :)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Shell pink is one of my favourite colours and that’s a nice jazz I’d happily own if the $ wasn’t quite so high 🙂

Seriously, even $2,000 might be okay with Play Now, Pay Later...of course, it would mean $2,400 or $2,500 by payoff time.

Other than that, I had a build a few years back that I still regret selling...a bit more pink, Korean pickups and electronics, but hey, it sound just fine and felt even better.

2dvnz3t-1.jpg

Edited by jd56hawk
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, neepheid said:

I'm glad you enjoyed it from afar then.

If it's any consolation, I'm a pragmatic Jazz hater - if I saw a Jazz bass on fire, I'd put the fire out.  Then I'd sell it and buy something else :)

I'm actually a Fender hater.

Maybe hater is a bit harsh, because obviously they make some great basses, but there's just something about them that simply doesn't do it for me.

I'll just say I'm not their biggest fan.

Am I reading that right?  Fender are now advertising a finish on a bass to make it look like it did in the 60s, when new?  What the hell does that mean??  I thought NOS was just something literally unplayed, so surely a bass finish in the same finish that would have been applied at the time would work, period correct?  But NOS finish? Totally lost.

11 minutes ago, Kev said:

Am I reading that right?  Fender are now advertising a finish on a bass to make it look like it did in the 60s, when new?  What the hell does that mean??  I thought NOS was just something literally unplayed, so surely a bass finish in the same finish that would have been applied at the time would work, period correct?  But NOS finish? Totally lost.

They've been doing it for a very long time.

I wouldn't buy one, but they sell and continue to sell.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/search_dir.html?sw=Fender journeyman bass&smcs=2046df_20106

Edited by jd56hawk

12 minutes ago, jd56hawk said:

They've been doing it for a very long time.

I wouldn't buy one, but they sell and continue to sell.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/search_dir.html?sw=Fender journeyman bass&smcs=2046df_20106

I don't understand reliced basses really.  But now, they seem totally rational.

I mean, what do they do to it?  NOS means its finish is as-new, so given the bass is new, the finish is naturally as new.  And presuming they've used a period correct finish for the bass, itll be a replica.  What makes it NOS???

1 minute ago, Piers_Williamson said:

Hairdresser's bass comes to mind looking at that colour.  And isn't Fender run by a Brit?  So be careful what you wish for...they'll be looking like Minis next (although didn't Enfield do a British Racing Green finish?)

The 1980s called, they want their gender/sexuality/occupation specific colours back.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2