Why become a member? ×

HH Bass Baby Combo final price drop £50! - *SOLD*
£100
Herts/Essex borders

Gaucho 5

Now Sold! Rock bottom at £50 and buyer collects: 1984 Vintage HH Bass Baby 150 mosfet 1 x 12 Combo

Owned this since '86, bought from Holiday Music with new driver fitted have original receipt! Used for a short while then went into storage for 34 years i kid you not! 

Gave it a clean and it she sounds great! Obviously could benefit from a service, however a quick pot clean and it'll be fine.

2 channels, built in compressor and 5 band EQ. Corners and tolex showing plenty of l room and storage shuffle mojo, but she's solid!

£50 buys a bit of a rarity, even has original cover and oh yes she is typical of the vintage..... heavy, so collection only!

Gaucho

IMG_4610.JPG

IMG_4612.JPG

IMG_4613.JPG

IMG_4609.JPG

IMG_4615.JPG

Edited by Gaucho 5
price reduction
  • Like 5

Remember in my early teens doing a gig at a youth club (big room, low ceiling) and the other band that played used one of these. Sounded powerful and great. It destroyed my Carlsbro 60w valve head and 15" SAI cab. Only problem was that it was louder than everything. Drums, guitar, vocals and audience all drowned totally out. I didn't understand about watts and all that then but I knew that it was really loud! I'd love to own this even if it was just for the nostalgia but it's too impractical unfortunately. GLWTS.

Thanks folks, all very much appreciated! Itsmedunc, you've hit the nail on the head buddy, I've hung on to it all these years purely due to the nostalgia! Yes it is loud, much louder than the watts quoted!

Gaucho

• Gaucho 5 changed the title to HH Bass Baby Combo Now £80
  • Gaucho 5 changed the title to HH Bass Baby Combo Now £70

I had the head version of this which I used with a H|H 2x18. It was absolutely monstrous.

Funny you mention Holiday Music (which was in Leytonstone as far as I can remember). I bought my Bass Baby and 2x18 from Allan Gordon's in Walthamstow. That would have been around 1988.

GLWTS

• Like 2

Yes, back in the day I bought all manner of gear from Allan Gordons (Markhouse Road Walthamstow) and Holiday Music in Leytonstone.

Rehearsals with various covers bands at Allan Gordons under the railway arches in Leytonstone....good old days!

Gaucho 

• Like 2

On 26/02/2022 at 11:45, Reggaebass said:

I vaguely remember that, can you remember where it was in Leytonstone 

AE41614B-C88E-4388-92F9-598980926F56.jpeg

It was on the High Road if memory serves me correctly

*EDIT* .... it was 396-398 High Road, Leytonstone.

I remember back in the 80s a mate of mine part exchanged an old Slingerland drum kit which was knackered and beaten for pennies for a brand new Pearl Export kit. Two weeks later I went back and they'd refurbished the Slingerland and was selling it for around a grand. I told him and he didn't believe me until he saw it for himself. I did detect a tear or two in his eyes when he saw it.

• Like 2

• Gaucho 5 changed the title to HH Bass Baby Combo SOLD!