Why become a member? ×

2017 Fender PJ Mustang with tasteful upgrades - *SOLD*
£500
Wellingborough

Osiris

For sale is my 2017 Fender Mustang Player series (I think?) short scale bass in Olympic white. 

30" scale with slim jazz like neck with Pao Ferro fingerboard. The bass is in immaculate condition although has a couple of upgrades,

• The stock BBoT bridge has been replaced for a Fender Hi-Mass bridge
  • The controls have had an overhaul and have been replaced by decent (Alpha, IIRC) pots. On the control plate there is a volume and blend which offers way more versatility than the stock 3 way switch. The tone control has been moved to the original switch location on the scratch plate. I always leave the tone pot wide open so it made sense to shift it out of the way rather than make some irreversible modifications to it. 
  • The finger board has been subtly rolled to make it feel more played in and comfortable in the hand
  • The control cavity has been shielded with copper tape so it's noiseless.
  • The stock pale mint scratch plate has been swapped out for a white pearl one. Both plates are included in the sale. 

All mods are easily reversible should you want to revert it back to stock condition. 

Looking for £500 or sensible offers please, ideally looking for a straight sale, no trades thanks. 

Collection preferred from Wellingborough, Northamptonshire.

However, I'm willing to drive an hour or so from Wellingborough to meet up for a dodgy BC car park handover.

I can also post at buyers cost and risk. 

Body close up.jpg

Back.jpg

Fretboard.jpg

Front.jpg

Edited by Osiris
Sold
  • Like 7

50 minutes ago, leftybassman392 said:

Very nice. Pity it's not a lefty as I've been after a short scale bass for a while. Just don't tell Mrs. LBM, ok? :ph34r:

You could always try playing it upside down, if it was good enough for Jimi... 😀

• Thanks 1

The mods actually remind me a bit of the pawn shop series basses Fender made and I think they would have been feeling pretty smug and clever with themselves if this type of ‘pawn shop’ mod was their idea. In my head it makes perfect sense!

Edited by krispn
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Adee said:

Cracking bass, the blend control really opens up the tonal options letting you easily find the sweet spot between the P and the J pups!

12 minutes ago, krispn said:

The mods actually remind me a bit of the pawn shop series basses Fender made and I think they would have been feeling pretty smug and clever with themselves if this type of ‘pawn shop’ mod was their idea. In my head it makes perfect sense!

For my preference the blend pot was an obvious and simple mod to do, the 3 way switch that comes as standard limits the bass to 3 core tones (ignoring the tone control!) and I never used the bridge pickup only sound as it's not a sound I care for from any bass, so that gave me 2 usable tones from the bass. The sweet spot for me is around 60/40 neck/bridge, plenty of weight with the right amount of clarity, but you now have the freedom to dial in exactly what you want.

Forgot to say that this also has a 60's NOS tone cap that renders the tone control usable throughout it's whole sweep, even when backed fully off there's enough clarity and detail in the tone to make it usable without being an undefined mush as you get with some passive tone controls. 

• Osiris changed the title to Sold - 2017 Fender PJ Mustang with tasteful upgrades