Why become a member? ×

My first steps trying to learn/practice "(Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth" from the great Cliff Burton (Metallica)

BassLard

Hi there low frequency fellas. These last days I tried to get my hands at learning this famous bass solo piece, and since I am not so accostumed to play with this amount of distortion/pedals, etc. I thought it would be nice to share what came out of the recording so maybe I can get some feedback in the tone in particular... (Although overall feedback on other stuff like playing is welcome too, my doubts fall more on the tone side)

I kinda know this is meant to be played with a Fuzz pedal, maybe a Tubescreamer-live overdrive for mids-boost, a Marshall-like amp/cabinet and a Wah for the freq filtering, but am I missing something extra? Listening again at what I recorded I believe I put too much gain somewhere on the chain but I am not sure if it was on the amp or the pedals, so maybe if one of you tried once to get closer to this tone your advice might come handy.

Anyway, thanks for watching/listening. Any comments might be helpful.

Greetings!

On 13/02/2022 at 21:53, Jives said:

Hi, What Pedals and Wah are you using? 

Also when playing I'd try limiting Wah use as much as possible and keep your hand static as it may not seem like it but that will really help you sound more Cliff like.

Morley Classic Wah, the rest is plug-ins from the PC. If I am not wrong they are emulating a Fuzzface, a Tubescreamer and a JMP head/cabinet.