Why become a member? ×

Sting

nikon F

23 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

I'm surprised it's worth that much considering how little streaming services pay.

It’s about usage in films/tv and radio plus too.

with something like “every breath you take” alone that will probably be paid back in a couple of years.

2 minutes ago, Grahambythesea said:

If he’s got £300m given his age he’ll be hard pressed to spend it all! Not a bad pension pot. He does not give the impression of living an extravagant life style.

His great great grandchildren won’t have to worry…probably more generations than that 🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Grahambythesea said:

If he’s got £300m given his age he’ll be hard pressed to spend it all! Not a bad pension pot. He does not give the impression of living an extravagant life style.

It's about the tax. Apparently less is paid on the purchase amount, than would be paid yearly.

Or something 😆

54 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

It’s about usage in films/tv and radio plus too.

with something like “every breath you take” alone that will probably be paid back in a couple of years.

I wonder what Andy Summers, who wrote that riff will make of it all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Bassfinger said:

The news of this created quite a buzz. It's a real honey of a deal.  I understand The Hives are looking to do the same, as is Queen.  I reckon the publishers will make a bee line if they did.

I see you’ve been combing for puns….not exactly been bumbling along now have you? 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, SteveXFR said:

I'm surprised it's worth that much considering how little streaming services pay.

I think there's also a fight to get exclusive access to as much as possible (this happens with Netflix/Disney+/Amazon Prime etc.). Many people won't want to subscribe to many streaming platforms, so if your platform has exclusive rights to X% of music, hope is that people will pick yours, and eventually kill of the competition.

3 minutes ago, Oomo said:

I think there's also a fight to get exclusive access to as much as possible (this happens with Netflix/Disney+/Amazon Prime etc.). Many people won't want to subscribe to many streaming platforms, so if your platform has exclusive rights to X% of music, hope is that people will pick yours, and eventually kill of the competition.

That is a bummer. The biggest streaming platforms are the ones with the worst sound quality and pay the least to artists.

• Like 2

• Rich changed the title to Sting