Why become a member? ×

Levinson Blade B4

RhysP

Here's my wonderful Levinson Blade B4, bought new from the Bass centre in Wapping on 30th May 1989.
Bloody great bass, a real workhorse & the build quality is superb.
I actually part exchanged a custom built Jaydee Supernatural for this - some people thought I was nuts but I've never regretted it for a second.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='457930' date='Apr 8 2009, 11:03 PM']That position of the bridge is playing tricks with my vision. :)
I relation to the bridge pickup which seems low on the G string side, compared to the E string side, looks wonky to me, hope it's the pics.
Steve.[/quote]got me that...might be the saddles and shadow off the pups that throw u off?

awsome looking J..love the colour..what are the pups on it? is it passive/active

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='Stingray5' post='458044' date='Apr 9 2009, 03:05 AM']Yeh, nice finish.
Is that an original Blade neck? Or maybe a retro-fit? I only ask as it doesn't seem to have the usual Blade headstock I remember.
Steve[/quote]

It's the original neck (one piece rock maple with an ebony fingerboard) - they had the Fender shape headstock before Fender made them change to a different, more pointed shape. I've got an old Blade Texas Standard Str*t with the same headstock too.

The bridge pickup does look a bit off in the photo, I've never noticed it before! I checked the bass & I can safely say that the bridge & pickup are both as they should be. The control knobs look weird as well - must be a trick of the light (and the fact that I'm sh*te with a camera).

It's active & the pickups are the original Levinson ones. The little switch is for bringing in the active tone circuit - there's a three band EQ circuit in the bass that you can preset. It's also got a hum cancelling pickup in the back & the tone control is an active low pass filter rather than a standard passive type.

Edited by RhysP

• 7 months later...

[quote name='levinsonblade' post='656972' date='Nov 17 2009, 01:44 PM']i just want to say thanks very much for letting put a link to my ebay auction up on here. someone asked me how much it weighs and to be honest i really dont know. i want to avoid taking it out and playing around with it as much as possible in case i damage it.[size=6] if anyone has any questions about it let me know.[/size][/quote]

Sorry but if you want to have any credibility as a seller on here you'll get it out and stick it on the bathroom scales.
Saying things like that suggests you don't actually have the bass, you just lidfted the images from some other ebay auction and you are going to rip someone off.

So What does it weight, mate?