Why become a member? ×

OK, that's the studio wired up ...

Happy Jack

53 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

I should probably mention that this is a random house in California, rather than a genuine home studio in Harrow ...

No Radiators - dead giveaway!

Although the plug sockets look weird - aren't those madmen just 2-pin over there?

11 minutes ago, Daz39 said:

Although the plug sockets look weird - aren't those madmen just 2-pin over there?

No, use of the earth pin has been gradually creeping in. I'm hardly an expert on this but I'm pretty sure that they changed the building code to make it a requirement.

I seem to remember this cropping up on Mythbusters from time to time and that's 20 years ago.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

I should probably mention that this is a random house in California, rather than a genuine home studio in Harrow ...

If it's in the USA some random sockets won't work, some switches won't do anything, and some will work the wrong way around.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Grahambythesea said:

They are definitely U.K. USA never has switched plugs, my daughter lives in California. May be it s Harrow with under floor heating. There’s also a California in Berkshire.

I think the US don't have an on/off switch on their sockets either.

I remember some US visitors being bemused by the UK sockets with the funny little pointless switches.