Why become a member? ×

Poor Hand Circulation

WAYNESWORLD

Sorry to say getting to that time in life where my body keeps reminding me parts could do with a service or replacement. I’m getting real issues with poor hand circulation lately. My right hand especially gets cold which makes playing faster lines a bit more tricky. Please don’t slate this idea but do any of you play with fingerless gloves to help keep hands warm and if so do they help. Any other suggestions are welcome. I do massage my hands as got a bit of arthritis showing up along with those bumps on the inside of my hands which sit on the tendons .Although they don’t bother me much.Although a time machine would be a great all points of view are welcome along with what will be I’m sure the obligatory Micky taking about had numbness’s. 

• Like 1

I suffer from very cold hands, to the point where I can’t use them to do simple tasks like unfastening buttons! Consequently, when playing anywhere that’s not pretty cosy I use hand warmers. The reusable, plastic ones are probably the most sustainable but I find the one-use ones more effective. I keep one in each trouser or jacket pocket and hold on to them as often as I need to. I’ve tried various glove solutions over the years but none have really worked for me.

E541EC27-A530-41BA-9753-FAB4CA4AA3BC.jpeg

• Like 1

Turmeric with curcumin helps - needs a month before you see a difference in arthritis 

also ask your GP if there is a hand clinic at your local hospital-I had a tendon loosening operation on my right hand wrist which took away all tingling, chills and numbness instantly -op took ten minutes under local anaesthetic 

Edited by Geek99
  • Like 3

A hat and/or a gilet. 

I've had cold hands and Reynard's since my teens and get stiff hands or white fingers at the slightest trigger. While gloves and hand warmers work well, I found that by far the best thing is to keep the rest of me warm.  If the body is warm then it doesn't pull the circulation from the extremities to try to reduce heat loss.

• Like 3

I've been getting it for the last 4 or 5 years.

Bought the compression gloves and I like playing in them but they're made from nylon stuff, so not very warm.

Silk gloves feel nice, but I don't think they'd take too much wear from playing and they're also not very warm.

As said above, once fingers are cold they take a lot of warming up. Perhaps keeping the heat in the core / head would help too ...

In a cold room, perhaps comp' gloves with fingerless knitted gloves over the top? I may give that a try. 👍

6 hours ago, Richard R said:

A hat and/or a gilet. 

I've had cold hands and Reynard's since my teens and get stiff hands or white fingers at the slightest trigger. While gloves and hand warmers work well, I found that by far the best thing is to keep the rest of me warm.  If the body is warm then it doesn't pull the circulation from the extremities to try to reduce heat loss.

This (at least the bit about keeping rest of body warm). I was warned by consultant not to warm hands quickly (hand warmers/hot tap) as that can lead to pain when blood starts flowing again. 

I have used gloves with silver in them to keep hands warm before a gig. More recently, my overall circulation has improved courtesy of two dog walks a day, and the Raynaud's has been much better.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

Fruit contains potassium makes you warm.

I worked for a medical company for ten years.  Colostomy products in the main (although we did do the writickets for Reading and Leeds festivals).  Got the runs?  Eat marshmallows.  Bag filling with firm poop?  Eat a couple of bananas.

I would look at your diet because it's so often overlooked, especially adding foods that encourage good blood circulation and prevent inflammation, as suggested above.

For the gloves, I recently got some fingerless ones for £2.95 being the cheapskate that I am.

Edited by TheLowDown
  • Like 1