Why become a member? ×

Made in Japan Jedson Jazz Bass 1973-74 - *SOLD*
£450
N Ireland

briansbrew

NOW SOLD 

Here we have a very fine example of a very good quality MIJ Jazz bass which I bought a good few years back

I got it from a guy in London who had bought it for his father in the early seventies but he played very little and it was stored in his 

bedroom for over 40 years in the original case hence the wonderful condition, even the lining is like new. I have never seen another until one came up here recently with the Kimbara badge

and they are identical with the steel adjustable MIJ neck plate 

I think that these were imported under Various names such as kimbara ect....

Its in wonderful condition with no rust or pitting to the chrome hardware and is all original with both pickup covers, I have looked inside the cavities and the wood is solid and not plywood as some of these era guitars were.

The workmanship is top notch with lovely binding and block inlays. A comfortable 40mm neck width

When I first got it and opened the case I was shocked at how good a condition it was in, as

if it came straight from the factory, there are a few very tiny dings that you have to look hard to find and difficult to photograph but that are minor

Weight is 4.6 Kg which is the exact same weight as my 75 Reissue Fender Jazz 

A beautiful collectors piece and probably the best condition bass I have seen for that age

The price includes delivery to UK addresses 

Any question Guys just fire away

IMG_20220205_123251_edit_755081225806657.thumb.jpg.8d08b8dadff6aac29d5719379fbf86c4.jpg

Edited by briansbrew
Pics
  • Like 11

In my very, very, early days I briefly had a Jedson bass, so when I saw the header for your ad I had a vision of something loosely based on my old short scale Telecaster-type thing!

However, what you have here is light years ahead of that - it looks absolutely great. And in such good condition, complete with the chrome trim case. A real blast from the past. GLWTS. 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stingray5 said:

In my very, very, early days I briefly had a Jedson bass, so when I saw the header for your ad I had a vision of something loosely based on my old short scale Telecaster-type thing!

However, what you have here is light years ahead of that - it looks absolutely great. And in such good condition, complete with the chrome trim case. A real blast from the past. GLWTS. 👍

When I first saw it advertised I thought Jedson were low end stuff but was pleasantly surprised when this beauty showed up

• Like 1

Matsumoku, as @prowlasays. I do know these came with a variety of types of non-standard pickups, as well as the correct J types, so some pics with the covers off would be cool.

Beaten to it by @JWes.

Bet they're these:

698358289_kimbarajazz.thumb.jpg.baac0890a44582dcb0396a5373b927fa.jpg

Edited by Bassassin
Speculative pic.

33 minutes ago, prowla said:

This'll be a Matsumoku; probably the same instrument as Grant, Columbus, and other budget brands of the 70s..

I have had a few Columbus basses from the 70's but this one is of a much higher spec.. 

• briansbrew changed the title to Made in Japan Jedson Jazz Bass 1973-74 SOLD SOLD !!!!