Why become a member? ×

greghagger

https://youtu.be/n_QTUeyKYpQ

Isn't She Lovely is a classic Stevie Wonder song which has a fantastic bass line that is challenging and full of gems. But did you know that the original bass line was recorded on bass synth by Stevie himself? 

Some of the fills are tricky to play on bass because they fall under the fingers more easily on keyboard but they are well worth trying to learn and you can get a lot out of studying this bass line.

I've made a video lesson starting with a simplified bass line which will work for the whole song. I then go on to show you some of the extra awesome fills and licks in the bass line. There is something in this lesson for everyone, no matter what level you are at.

You'll find the simplified version and full transcription in a free PDF booklet which you can download by clicking the link in the YouTube video description. I've got to say that this was a fun one to transcribe!

I’d love to hear what your favourite Stevie Wonder bass line is and how do you get on with playing it? 

• 5 months later...