Why become a member? ×

HX Stomp for £250?

prowla

Has anybody tried buying a HX Stomp priced at £250 on Facebook?

I've seen two, with sellers in Swindon and Milton Keynes; Ive had the conversation and agreed to collect, but then the buyer has gone silent when I've asked for details and a demo.

Curiously, both sellers have also been selling DJ kit and their replies have been worded in a not dissimilar manner.

My suspicion-o-meter has been noticeably twitching.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, prowla said:

Has anybody tried buying a HX Stomp priced at £250 on Facebook?

I've seen two, with sellers in Swindon and Milton Keynes; Ive had the conversation and agreed to collect, but then the buyer has gone silent when I've asked for details and a demo.

Curiously, both sellers have also been selling DJ kit and their replies have been worded in a not dissimilar manner.

My suspicion-o-meter has been noticeably twitching.

Probably right, seems too good a price. Have you flagged them with the mods?

• Like 1

Just now, prowla said:

Not yet - I might see if they can post and check payment expectations...

I’m sure it’ll be what you suspect. If someone isn’t willing to allow a local pickup, it’s a pretty bad sign (unless they are just paranoid you’ll duff them up and run off, or are vulnerable to Covid complications).

I had a similar experience with too good to be true prices on HX stomps - I asked for them to send a photo which included something with the current date on it and strangely had radio silence. Also noticed different sellers with the same profile picture for other HX stomps. I think it's all scams as they are items you would consider getting posted due to the relative inexpense of posting a small item versus the faff of the drive. Avoid at all costs and report it, even if it doesn't lead to anything it might get them to think twice.

BUT (and a big but) if you are really set on buying it, get them to verify in ways that they cannot fake e.g. a photo with the item and today's newspaper - but if alarm bells are ringing, that's probably a good sign to steer clear.

• Like 1

Lots of scams on Facebook and a few BC'ers have been sting by the same well known crook who has a method to this. Pedal is priced too good to be true, your PayPal payment keeps getting bounced until you pay in a way you can't get it back then he blocks you and never replies. All the while the same item is still being advertised for sale and the next victim is taken for their cash. Sad fact is people know his name, where he lives, and have reported it but there doesn't seem to be much action from the authorities.