Why become a member? ×

Stradi fretless bass GAS

Boodang

x5-4.jpg.pagespeed_ic.fEIqnVUZyy.jpg.5d01405b2ebae20423ca0ef9f19332e1.jpg

As a fretless player I'm quite taken by the sound of this bass, at least what I've heard of it on YouTube. Love the fact that the fingerboard is continuous and apparently there's a magnetic pup under the board. 

There's going to have to be some serious saving up for this one but I'm tempted. 

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, velvetkevorkian said:

Looks lovely, but those violin corners look to be in almot exactly the right spot to stick into your ribcage?

At this price it'll be worth a trip to Poland to try one out. Your right about the violin corners, they're custom made though so they'll change anything. Also they do a version with a 'normal' body but I like the look of this one!

23 hours ago, OliverBlackman said:

Personally prefer the look of the Shuker @Bridgehouse has which is similar and probably cheaper

fretlessUberhorn2.thumb.jpg.77b1bd69e40d9c5bc9968a6736c5f793.jpg

This Shuker Uberhorn is currently for sale on their site at £3400. Looks gorgeous and has a tri tone colour finish that changes in different light conditions. 

Interestingly it lists this as having the Headway Snake piezo installed which is Headway's budget piezo model. I'm sure Shuker know what they're doing but I'd want to know the reasoning for that before shelling that kind of cash. Shuker basses do look the mutts nuts tho.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Boodang said:

fretlessUberhorn2.thumb.jpg.77b1bd69e40d9c5bc9968a6736c5f793.jpg

This Shuker Uberhorn is currently for sale on their site at £3400. Looks gorgeous and has a tri tone colour finish that changes in different light conditions. 

Interestingly it lists this as having the Headway Snake piezo installed which is Headway's budget piezo model. I'm sure Shuker know what they're doing but I'd want to know the reasoning for that before shelling that kind of cash. Shuker basses do look the mutts nuts tho.

Wow I can’t believe that’s the price! I’ve never had a quote for a Shuker build but always thought they were a lot less than that. Knowing that I like Overwater the new hollow body shape they have would be my choice, all be it a thousand or so more expensive than the Shuker.

4 hours ago, OliverBlackman said:

Knowing that I like Overwater the new hollow body shape they have would be my choice, all be it a thousand or so more expensive than the Shuker.

hb_carved_top_body-768x660.jpg.322d92107cc9a193b616ea0cb3d27123.jpg

The Overwater looks good... starting from £3900.

• Like 1

You can't go wrong with Stradi. 
I currently have two basses made by Marek, one "toy" Micro bass and my custome made Amunet bass. 

The craftmanship is of higher standards. 
The great advantage of Stradi would be that you would have a real custom made intrument. Meaning that you'll be able to chose your woods, pickup configuration, etc. 

Comfortwise, the shape is quite ergonomic and very well balanced. 

Mine costed over 4000€, but I had many options and custom choices made (5-strings, custom top with résin, custom made pickups, twin preamps, custom woods and neck shape, custom inlays with hiéroglyphs, titanium frets, carbon inserts, hybrid neck construction, hybrid bridge construction... ) 

My second build with Marek is planned for next year. That's how I trust the guy. 

So in short : for this kind of monay, you can of course get any bass. It's up to you to decide if it's worth it. I personnaly fell in love with the shape of the Stradi Symphony and never regretted my choice. 

• 4 months later...
On 05/02/2022 at 10:59, Boodang said:

DSC_0334.thumb.jpg.a649684e0a0c0923905278f3ece4b1f6.jpg

Plus some interesting finishes, including a thin layer of stone (some kind of slate apparently) which they can put on as a veneer on the body top.

Omfg🫣