Why become a member? ×

Wonderful rather than weird.

Max Normal

4 hours ago, Dan Dare said:

Looks nice, but remember that's only a starting price. I doubt anyone will end up buying it for that.

I've watched a few of his basses, they seem to go for the start bid when they sell and a lot of the time the auction ends with no bids. I quite like the look of the Warsaw 30" 5er strung with a high C he had up:

2 hours ago, Bigguy2017 said:

It looks nothing like the other Chyla basses, has no logos, serial or makers mark and has Harley Benton pickups... hmmm...

I think Harley Benton now use Roswell pickups is more accurate, however I take your point, they are cheap. Never heard them myself so I can't make a comment more than that. Here is the bass in question being played, but you can't hear its natural tone because it's swamped with effects.

Yeah you can buy Roswell pickups separately, the guys at Thomann/Harley Benton stopped using Wilkinson pickups as there's a lot of fakes on the market and they couldn't guarantee the genuine article. Until I watched this I had no idea there were fake Wilkinson pickups!

The Chyla guy always uses cost effective hardware, presumably to keep the final price down which is sensible IMO. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

Yeah you can buy Roswell pickups separately, the guys at Thomann/Harley Benton stopped using Wilkinson pickups as there's a lot of fakes on the market and they couldn't guarantee the genuine article. Until I watched this I had no idea there were fake Wilkinson pickups!

The Chyla guy always uses cost effective hardware, presumably to keep the final price down which is sensible IMO. 

I bought one of the Harley Benton double-cut Juniors and it's a great guitar to modd. I swapped out the bridge and lowered/dressed the frets as the were a tad high. But I really like the P90 splittable 'bucker and the quality of the pots so I'm keeping them.

• Like 1