Why become a member? ×

Phwoar. A Shuker JJ Burnel sig......

vinorange

• 2 weeks later...

No smug NBD yet but it was me! It arrived today slightly later than anticipated and I’ve just put a new set of D’Addarios on it.
It’s very nice, the nut width is slightly wider than my Corona Precision but the profile is flatter and very comfortable. The existing strings were heavy Rotos so I’ve given the trussrod a tweak and am letting it settle in.

The Jack socket was scratchy so I swapped it for a new Switchcraft one, gave me an opportunity to have a look under the lid. All very neat and tidy I must say. A very classy bass, I can see why a lot of players rave about them.

Coincidentally I was emailing Jon Shuker just prior to seeing this with the thought of having one made. Not a signature instrument person usually but JJ Burnel was my first bass hero having seen him on TOTP and then buying the Walk On By EP with my pocket money! The JJ signature on the back of the headstock is a nice bonus. I told Jon I’d got it and he gave me loads of info about it and said I could bring it in for a service if need be.  

It’s about the same as my Corona bass weight wise so not too heavy. I’m going to play it at the weekend and see how I get on with the nut width, I’ll only know after a long gig. If it doesn’t work for me I’ll definitely get one made by Jon but so far I’m very pleased with this. 

4F770E10-2351-409B-BAEF-70624599036C.jpeg

• Like 3

Beautiful ! You’re very lucky to have landed that. 👍

What is the weight by the way? Do you know if the body is chambered?

I have a Shuker Precision but it is rather on the heavy side and I was wondering what the difference would be. 

43 minutes ago, Velarian said:

Beautiful ! You’re very lucky to have landed that. 👍

What is the weight by the way? Do you know if the body is chambered?

I have a Shuker Precision but it is rather on the heavy side and I was wondering what the difference would be. 

It’s not chambered, this is the solid body version, it weighs 4.2kgs

• Like 2