Why become a member? ×

Latest Spotify controversy

Clarky

4 hours ago, Daz39 said:

Yeah: that’s mild compared to what else he’s said. Ignore his pronographic lust for guns and hunting; he’s an all-round jerk. Second only to Kid Rock in his eagerness to lick the orange one’s boots.

Kid Rock did put out a song (All summer long) with a solo in the wrong key though so that might make him worse.

They're free to love Trump if they want. Let's just judge them on their music instead, there's enough there to dislike. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dclaassen said:

Tou folks really have a significant amount of hate….

Quite right. We save it for the likes of despicable and  dangerous muppets like Nugent.  The midwife should have kept the placenta and tossed Nugent away

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

Bloody useless then! "You listened to Slayer, perhaps you'd like Coldplay"

Honestly, Tidal's is much, much better that Spotify for me.  Yesterday's daily mix I didn't even skip once!

On 04/02/2022 at 09:16, dclaassen said:

Sorry he triggers you....do you need a plush toy to cuddle now?

I’d quite like a plush toy to cuddle please if there is one available. Please could you send it to…

Man with a significant amount of hate

238 Easily Triggered Mews

Eaton-by-Nugent

Oxfordshire

B3L 3ND

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, SteveXFR said:

It's a shame there's no free trial outside the US.  I don't care either way about the Young/Rogan thing but the sound quality sucks and the music suggestion features blow so I might just give it a bash. 

Pretty sure there's a free trial offer right now?

15 hours ago, SteveXFR said:

Bloody useless then! "You listened to Slayer, perhaps you'd like Coldplay"

I don't know how their algorithm is tweaked, but it's worked really really well for me and discovered many cool little known bands that way (Spotify).

It was a bit stinky poo initially as my tastes are a bit... eclectic, but once I had been using it for a while it seems to work. It's one of my favourite things about Spotify.

I'm intrigued by Tidal but apart from the share given to artists being a bit higher (still nothing to call home about unless you have millions of streams) I'm not sure it offeres anything worth my switching over.

14 hours ago, SteveXFR said:

It's a shame there's no free trial outside the US.  I don't care either way about the Young/Rogan thing but the sound quality sucks and the music suggestion features blow so I might just give it a bash. 

Even when setting the quality to 'high' or 'very high'? I can hear some artifacts on standard but once you go for higher quality stream or download I find it perfectly adequate for most situations. There's a big difference between "not lossless" and "sucks" :D 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SteveXFR said:

It's a shame there's no free trial outside the US. 

Are you sure? I did a free trial (outside the US) and I just had an advert for a free trial in my facebook feed, which when I clicked on 'why am I seeing this advert' said because I was 18+ and primarily located in the united kingdom.

• Like 1