Why become a member? ×

Just sold the last of my electric basses......

Beedster

3 minutes ago, Clarky said:

PS, why not keep a cheapo bitsa in reserve. Doesnt take up much space and you may feel an occasional hankering or even recording need? I realise this is a bit late in that you have said you have already sold 'em all!

Ha ha, how little you understand my brain mate. It all makes sense in principle, until you examine the inevitable logic......

• I'll have a cheapo bitsa on standby
  • I'm gonna need cheapo fretless bitsa on standby as well
  • And of course a cheapo active bitsa might come in handy also
  • Hang on, I haven't got a cheapo active fretless bitsa for a Japan Tribute that might start up locally
  • I'm a bit troubled by the maple board/rosewood board issue, I should probably reduce that anxiety by having a cheap bitsa in each
  • But surely if the maple board issue is true for fretted basses, it muct be even more so for fretless so I need a fretless in each as well
  • stinky poo, completely forgot about the flats versus round issue, what if the Japan Tribute act needs a fretless with rounds but the Free Tribute need flats?
  • And I'm gonna need all those combinations in active and passive as well..

I could go on.............. :(

1 minute ago, Clarky said:

If I said I have a Takamine TB-10 and your list in the post above didn't include this would it send you full-blown Inspector Dreyfuss? Kill Clouseau, kill Clouseau...

A Takamine TB-10 has a curved board, an endpin and can be bowed with ease, so clearly meets the criteria for a double bass Clarky, so not a problem :) 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Beedster said:

A Takamine TB-10 has a curved board, an endpin and can be bowed with ease, so clearly meets the criteria for a double bass Clarky, so not a problem :) 

BTW, did you see the blonde TB-10 that was for sale in Russia a while back, that tested my resolve seriously :) 

14 hours ago, LukeFRC said:

Aww I'm going to miss seeing the bitsas - but not the sense of regret when someone else gets them before me! :D 

14 hours ago, LukeFRC said:

Aww I'm going to miss seeing the bitsas - but not the sense of regret when someone else gets them before me! :D 

Yesterday I was nostalgically going back through my Basschat attachments (which is of course a word that works in both senses here), and man there are some nice looking bitsas in there! In total I believe there are about 30 BCers out there with a bitsa that originated in my shed. Makes me smile that once sold they rarely come up for sale again, which I take to mean that they are generally keepers (an alternative theory would be that they end up in skips of course) :) 

• 3 weeks later...