Why become a member? ×

FS: Seagull S6 QIT acoustic guitar (very road worn) & hard case £300
£400
CANTERBURY

As per other FS posts, reorganising my gear and raising cash ahead of a house move. This is a rather nice Seagull S6 QIT acoustic. These are very highly rated instruments in their price range (retail around £700 https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Seagull-Guitars-S6-Original-Q1T-Electro-Acoustic-Burnt-Umber/1GW7?_gl=1*r3pl3b*_ga*MTMzNjE3Mzg3My4xNjQzMjA3MTg5*_up*MQ..). Made in Canada and equipped with Godin electrics, it's a quality instrument in all respects. As you can see, that is road worn. It's an interesting job because it appears to be a mix of real and synthetic wear, which I suspect might have been started when the previous owner tried to take off the pick-guard. However, for a relic it's rather good and means that it I don't panic about my daughters (or bandmates) putting a ding in it! Also comes in a Gator hard case that fits it perfectly. 

I'm happy to haggle on this and happy to post, I'm not interested in trades however. I'm travelling from Canterbury to Wiltshire this Sunday (30th) so would be especially happy to haggle with someone who could meet me en-route or who's house i could drop this off at, I've learned to really hate the process (packing, stress, anxiety, emotions) of sending nice instruments by courier :) 

Cheers

Chris

image.thumb.png.7e789eb1cfa42cea3bc7ddd33ab238b2.png

image.thumb.png.fcae070cce054d41015693afd8659ed5.png

image.thumb.png.60bae708822cc4df6e176faba9484c3a.png

image.thumb.png.4eb6171e91d07a10b9db98b1e0433bb9.png\

image.thumb.png.29a25070d91b290541de1a4d9ac52e0d.png

image.thumb.png.1a6c1c7ffc83b155cbb089ba5a802477.png

image.thumb.png.e530e10c0927f429e48d0cf9d35781b2.png

image.thumb.png.7e7d6c77401800507cf7414c0a7eda21.png

image.thumb.png.e55c6a947ebfe16c8d6b80ffabb4ed35.png

image.thumb.png.a763fb802e0f4ac27e9b6b2502af8b02.png

image.thumb.png.4cede999a3c523889bda78e9a179ddde.png

image.thumb.png.352bd5d81f0d1cf6f4fb60056c80422a.png

Edited by Beedster
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, oldslapper said:

Love my S6 QIT.
Perfect nut width, lovely neck profile and great eq. 

Hey mate, yes it's a pretty nice instrument, lots of extremely positive reviews online. Re the neck, it suited me as a bassist more than a lot of guitars for sure, and yes, the preamp is rather good (although it's Godin so you'd expect that). I've owned more expensive guitars than didn't play as well or sound as good as this also (mention no names but rhymes with Mibson). I'm selling this to raise some funds for the house move, but have to admit that I won't be too upset if it doesn't sell :)   

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Beedster changed the title to FS: Seagull S6 QIT acoustic guitar (very road worn) & hard case £300

To be honest the only reason I kept it was because it sounded so glorious through my AER combo that I could kid myself that I can actually play the thing. But I need to concentrate on DB now that gigs are back on the horizon and as I'm also selling the AER seems this gtr will get little use here :( 

• 2 weeks later...

I find myself in need of two rather left-field things for a bass forum:

1. A high quality CD player

2. A high quality double bass bow

Statistical chances that a member of a bass guitar forum wants to trade one of the above for an acoustic 6-string guitar seem slight, but hey, if you don't ask.........  :) 

Edited by Beedster

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/08/2022 at 20:40, Bunion said:

I certainly like this but I don’t have a bass to PX 

however I’d certainly be willing to lend you a bass for your gigs if you should need one.

Hey Ian, that is a very kind offer, many many thanks. To be honest, much as I love the band and the guys in the band - three of my best mates in fact - the gigs are not a great idea in terms of band-audience fit (it's a quite shouty and loud blues rock band think QOTSA/Raconteurs/Black Keys, and one of the proposed gigs is a bloody wedding, and not just any wedding, but the wedding of a friend we know doesn't like this type of music! OK, the same band did a wedding about 10 years ago and got away with it but the happy couple did actually like bluesy rock)! 

And of course, if I was going to do the gigs I'd need the SVT back 😀

Well I now have an incoming Precision, trades on this for a decent head, cab or combo certainly considered, especially if the item in question contains either of the words 'Boogie' and 'Mesa', not necessarily in that order 👍

5 minutes ago, Bunion said:

First the bass, then the amp and cab, then come the pedals again!
all aboard the merry go round 🤣😂 

Tell me about it, although I was never a pedals man which probably saved me quite a lot of pain and cash 👍

• 3 months later...
  • Beedster changed the title to FS: Seagull S6 QIT acoustic guitar (very road worn) & hard case £300 **WITHDRAWN**
  • wateroftyne unlocked this topic
  • Beedster changed the title to FS: Seagull S6 QIT acoustic guitar (very road worn) & hard case £300