Why become a member? ×

FS: Last of the bitsas
£400
CANTERBURY

Beedster

As per other FS posts I've started recently, upcoming house move is forcing a rethink and a sell off. First off, this is the last of my bass guitars and it's one that I've tried to sell a couple of times before only for the same to fall through and for me to find myself glad it did. This has been my main gigging bass when I'm not using DB for as long as I can remember, and while it has become something of a Trigger's Broom, it retains it's core elements....

• A stunning Warmoth ebony unlined fretless neck. The best neck I've ever owned, and that's up against Wal, FCS Jaco relic (the stupidly expensive one), MM, Sadowsky and a few others. Note that it's a Precision neck, 43mm at the nut, but relatively shallow also (60's profile as opposed to 70's). Neck is oil finished not varnished. Very small dink in the board on bass-side (last photo). Doesn't affect playing
  • Completely unknown body that is in some respects a little agricultural in form (see PUP routes) but to which I have become very attached. It works very well with this neck, which is why they've stayed together for so long
  • Lovely nickel Gotoh lollipop tuners with the no traditional two screws missing each (I have no idea why this happens but it seems to be the case on all my basses. It's easily resolved)
  • A set of beautiful, toneful and articulate Wizard 64's running through a Kiogon circuit
  • Bridge from a Fender Roscoe Beck sig, ludicrously over-engineered but once again just works with this instrument and allows some very accurate intonation/action/spacing tweaks, which I like 
  • Also comes with a harvest gig bag that it's lived in for most of its adult life and which I'd prefer to post it in if the buyer is unable to collect (inside a cardboard box also). Bag looks a bit rough in the photos but is in good condition and protects the bass very nicely

I'm only selling this because I need the money and because I'm going to gig and record entirely on upright from now on. Part of me want to keep it to noodle on etc but the reality is that if I'm noodling it needs to be on upright or I'm always going to be that slightly out of tune DB player!

I'm happy to negotiate on price especially around the gig bag, but I'm not going to part out the bass. No trades I'm afraid. Happy to send via courier. I'm also travelling west from Canterbury to Wiltshire this weekend if any of you lovely Basschatters require concierge service :) 

More photos to follow 

image.thumb.png.335d36a47839b6c2121f0cc0e004488a.png

image.thumb.png.5d65f27153c0e8ff01b73ec179d9bbd1.png

image.thumb.png.5a9806665d1418da9cb73a5a3bc4737b.png

image.thumb.png.664c04662ea361e4da9151c75d5d149e.png

image.thumb.png.2a51d2a728af3a182103343e811262a7.png

image.thumb.png.085e3ddca70effbf6e371710dccb1b46.png

image.thumb.png.e43f6171e9d728eafbe814564db45b02.png

image.thumb.png.6036e25f3cb4fdab0df1b8a8bb515cd0.png

image.thumb.png.2e2eabb2c9bd3877b7724bb6f3b44812.png

image.png

Edited by Beedster
  • Like 15

2 minutes ago, oldslapper said:

Thank F for that, otherwise I’d be handing notes over to you this weekend mate! 

Great thing is I'm dropping this off about 20 miles down the road from yours John, I like it when a plan comes together :) 

• Like 1

• Kev locked this topic