Why become a member? ×

Promoters, Bookings and where to find them

davegriffiths91

Hi guys.

I'm currently on the hunt for gigs for an originals band and I can't seem to find any promoters around the area (North West).

Where/how does everyone find gigs for their bands?

I asked my mate about the "unsigned guide" and he said it wasn't worth the pay. Google seems to yield very little and I get no responses from the ones it does show

Whats the secret? 

Have a look at gig listings for the sort of venues you want to play - usually you'll be able to see who the promoter is. And if not, it's possible the venue does it in-house, so get in touch with them directly. These days I think it helps a lot if you've been able to build a decent social media following (🤢) - it theoretically gives some indication of whether folks will turn up without the promoter having to do any actual promotion. Good promoters will see your potential regardless, but they're rare. Also if there are other local bands that are any good, reach out - promote their releases, ask for advice, generally be nice. If they have any influence on their promoters, they'll put in a good word. Good luck!

• Thanks 1