Why become a member? ×

FS: Pirastro Eudoxa silver wound gut double bass A string - *SOLD*
£60
CANTERBURY

Why do I have a single A string? It's the madness that comes with the search for the solution when your G, D and E strings all sound bloody great on your 4/4 but your A doesn't. Luckily a relatively cheap Evah Pirazzi Weich A-string came to the rescue so I now run Gamut guts on G and D, the Pirazzi on the A, and a Spiro on the E, and I'm happy. For the moment anyway.

Have to say that this string sounds bloody lovely, and at £160 retail it bloody well should really shouldn't it! https://www.thestringzone.co.uk/pirastro-eudoxa-double-bass-string-a?gclid=Cj0KCQiA_8OPBhDtARIsAKQu0gbMGMg4UXY-mccJ92rWVFkkqy1aWSEiQeW8djLlyFhpXE9BJSbL3d8aAsCVEALw_wcB (having said that I bought it used albeit for a few hours only). 

image.thumb.png.64a4f29a9e9c91e40a0ececfa489e81b.png

By comparison with the EPs and Spiros it seems to produce a much clearer and much purer tone, but didn't have the growl that I wanted, and even if I do find myself needing that tone in the future, I certainly can't see myself ever stretching to £600 for a full set of these, so probably best to move it on. I'll post photos this evening, it's pretty much unused.

Cheers

Chris

Edited by Beedster

• Beedster changed the title to FS: Pirastro Eudoxa silver wound gut double bass A string **SOLD**