Why become a member? ×

Lakland Skyline Scheff FINAL DROP £645 Will post - *SOLD*
£695
Bournemouth

Mickeyboro

Sold to Adam…

Postage available.

This is a bass I lusted after for fully ten years! It has never been gigged by me. Hence it is in flawless condition bar one all but imperceptible graze at the top of the headstock it had when I bought it. 

It is effectively an active Jazz bass, but the passive tone with the volume control pulled out is so good you may decide to stick with that. The preamp response is fine-tuneable, but in all honesty I have never had the back panel off.

Here’s some blurb:

The Scheff has the signature Lakland body shape and a set of low-output Kent Armstrong Split-Tube pickups in "lipstick" covers that provide a vintage look and sound. The pickups are coupled with an onboard preamp (bypassable)  to provide a warm and defined mid-tone reminiscent of some of Jerry's most popular lines. The pickups are also placed farther from one another within the body - set nearer to the bridge and neck respectively, opening up an extremely broad tonal range. Very deep, yet punchy and with a crisp top end. Weighs 9.5 pounds.

Finally, it comes with a heavy duty ‘Dudepit’ gig bag which must be worth a few bob in itself. 

AAFD7715-2B32-4650-9FB9-4DD2D4BE2591.jpeg

3CB91CA9-1199-4616-91C3-21CCADE3BAA2.jpeg

F371380B-1344-4501-9D47-976357BDF25B.jpeg

027A8155-518C-41CE-B2D9-E5D2FEC6E4E9.jpeg

D4AFB6CD-110E-4CCD-8D67-E2C76B7F243E.jpeg

Edited by Mickeyboro
  • Like 15

I know Jerry and his family well  and he liked the lipstick pickups so has this built. His of course were USA and in blue but they did a skyline version. They are hugely versatile and have a great slap tone and the large dots make it simple to play. A brilliant bass for the money. Below is a photo of Jerry and me with his lakland. I play for Elvis tributes but on the lookout for a black and white p bass like he used with Elvis. He used the Lakland in more recent times but now plays a fender ultra Jazz. 

Screenshot_20220127-053208_Facebook.jpg

Edited by greyparrot
  • Like 6

• Mickeyboro changed the title to Lakland Skyline Jerry Scheff PRICE DROP
  • Mickeyboro changed the title to Lakland Skyline Scheff FINAL DROP £645
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Mickeyboro changed the title to Lakland Skyline Scheff SOLD SOLD SOLD!