Why become a member? ×

Shuker P/J Bass in white with contrasting black headstock. One off based on JJ Burnel signature P bass. £995 - *SOLD*
£995
Wirral

vinorange

Up for sale is near immaculate my white passive Shuker P / J bass with contrasting black pickguard and black headstock. It is equipped with Bartolini pickups, passive vol / vol / tone and Hipshot light tuners with a bass extender on the E.  The only change I made was to put a Hipshot Kickass bridge on as I prefer them to Badass. It’s fitted with a brass nut, width at the nut being 42mm and it weighs in at 4.1kg. Neck profile is 22mm at the first position marker. The neck is also a satin finish so lovely and smooth to play. It also has Schaller locking strap buttons and I should have some locks to go with it somewhere.....

It has one paint chip adjacent to the neck pocket which has been filled with white nitro. It could disappear with a few more drops of white and some flatting. There are no other marks on it.
I contacted Jon about the bass and he said it was made as a one off commission for a French client and was based on his JJ Burnel signature P bass so this is a one off (see link to the specs https://shukerguitars.co.uk/basses/j-j-burnel-signature-bass/). It plays really well, as you’d expect from Jon, and is tonally diverse thanks to the pickups and is quite unusual with the white body with contrasting black hardware / headstock face.

Its a lovely bass and I’m loathe to get rid of a Shuker as they are elite basses but the nut width just isn’t for me and I always defer to a different bass (my Shuker orange jazz) so it needs to go to another home.

Comes in a Shuker custom case so it can be posted in the UK for around £35. Can go European for £50. Can be tried on the Wirral, I can meet up or deliver within a reasonable distance.

Straight sale sought really so no trades.

Thanks for looking.

97FDB687-20A5-499C-9B74-C7C8C13A1394.jpeg

860F7BF3-62E5-4B40-9A4B-0712BB551340.jpeg

A17B0DC9-94EE-4FBE-9B58-AEEFA7A543C4.jpeg

FDB947E1-CD3E-4F49-8766-FACC5DF4FC3F.jpeg

6CE6F6DD-6736-4E45-B925-589F3093D818.jpeg

BBF04750-43F4-463A-A2BC-1467B73A1585.jpeg

32412420-5A61-4354-8110-6D6DA81A7068.jpeg

35BC2CC4-B5CB-45EF-A9B3-70FA5AEFABED.jpeg

1252355C-21D2-4F3E-AEB2-C9174F5002B7.jpeg

7B8A10C8-174D-4B12-B6D4-4DD2E225D0AF.jpeg

8659CCAB-0EE4-4312-8C99-9E3E9B0AE9D1.jpeg

Edited by vinorange
  • Like 6

Shuker basses are brilliant - wouldn’t be without my Series 2. This must be one of the best PJ basses you could get, shame for me it’s one string short!

Also worth noting that Shuker’s post sale service is first class - nothing is too much trouble. You might have to wait (he’s a busy in-demand guy) but he always comes up trumps.

Whoever gets this is going to be v happy !!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Risk101 said:

Shuker basses are brilliant - wouldn’t be without my Series 2. This must be one of the best PJ basses you could get, shame for me it’s one string short!

Also worth noting that Shuker’s post sale service is first class - nothing is too much trouble. You might have to wait (he’s a busy in-demand guy) but he always comes up trumps.

Whoever gets this is going to be v happy !!

I was lucky enough to do a bass maintenance course with Jon and he's a true gent, not to mention a genius bass builder. He is always there to reply to queries and recalled this bass immediately (as you would with one of your offspring!).

45 minutes ago, grahamd said:

Gorgeous. Whats the neck profile like on this?

Just had the Vernier gauge on it and it's 22mm deep measured from the dot marker in position 1.

Let me know if you need any more dimensions.

I should have added that it's a satin finish neck so nice and smooth.

15 hours ago, grahamd said:

Thanks, I guess i meant Jazz or P, or where in that range?

Oh sorry about that. It's P width for sure but is quite a slinky profile and is made to feel even slinkier by the satin finish. I just don't like the P type 42mm nut width as much as a 38mm jazz width. Hope that helps?

Edited by vinorange
  • Like 1

• vinorange changed the title to SOLD. Shuker P/J Bass in white with contrasting black headstock. One off based on JJ Burnel signature P bass. £995