Why become a member? ×

Hi

andyaber

Hi

Just signed up.

Been playing on and off for a thousand years, mostly for fun and own enjoyment.  Still not much good though.

Like lots of good music, jazz, funk, rock etc.

At the moment I've got an Ernie ball usa sterling and a cheap sr300 Ibanez in lovely bright yellow.  Also got an Alvarez msb1 acoustic which is gorgeous and tiny and an aquila shortbass14 which isn't much bigger.

I regularly get guilt trips about owning all those and hardly playing any more but when I try to decide what to sell, I can't bear to part with any of them really.

Good to be aboard.

Cheers, Andy.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Andy! 

:crigon_04:

If you're worried about owning only 4 basses then you can always visit the market place and catch up with the guys here who own 7, 10, 30...

There was a recent thread somewhere about how many basses do people own, I can only find the old ones.

Hi,  Thanks for the welcome guys.  Already started reading some posts and enjoying catching up on all things bass.

Only just started picking up a bass again after quite a few years of them being neglected and gathering dust.  This is why I feel guilty about having them.  This and the fact that, don't shoot me, I've got 7 or 8 guitars as well (not sure if the Yamaha Guitalele that my grandson has pinched off me counts).  Bass is my first love and I seem to have acquired all those 6 strings almost by accident.  I'm just a basher out of chords but I still don't want to part with them though.

Looking through the forum makes me want even more basses as I see some of the beauties owned by members and the variety available.  Better stop now before I go bass shopping again.

Cheers, Andy.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, andyaber said:

Looking through the forum makes me want even more basses as I see some of the beauties owned by members and the variety available.  Better stop now before I go bass shopping again.

You're doomed, I tell ye, doomed     (insert John Laurie voice here)

1 hour ago, ricksterphil said:

You're doomed, I tell ye, doomed     (insert John Laurie voice here)

There are at least 2 basses that I wish I had never sold, both many years ago.  An aria Precise precision copy and an early Wal fretless Pro bass.  I suppose I'm afraid I'll make the same mistake if I sell any of my current gear.  Might be a good topic for a thread, "basses you wish you'd never sold".

Hi Andy! Nice to see you joining in the "STWA" thread so quickly, good work Sir. 

How's that kitchen ceiling holding up against the slight increase in value of Wals since the '80s? 🤦🏼‍♂️ 😂 

For what it's worth, I know the feeling... right-oh, see you over at Song Titles shortly I trust. 

Best Regs, Marc.

Hi Marc  Thanks for the welcome.  The kitchen ceiling got ripped down and then we sold the house!  Did ok with the house price I suppose but would love my Wal again.  No way could I afford one at today's prices though.  I bought a Musicman usa Sterling some years ago as it felt like I'd played it for years as soon as I picked it up if you know what I mean.  Reminded me of the Wal in that way.  I still have the EBMM, I'm learning by my mistakes.  My Ibanez sr300 has a similar feel and is incredibly comfy to play for such a cheap bass.

It's shocking how few song titles I actually know and have to check what they are called.

Cheers, Andy.