Why become a member? ×

Decent Keyboard Forum anywhere ?

RhythmJunky

The only ones I know of are the manufacturer-specific Korg Forums (there are probably Roland and Yamaha equivalents) or the synth-centric and pretty intimidating for a newcomer, gearspace.

I’ve found both useful from time to time; the Korg forum for specific help with, er, a Korg workstation and gearspace for the reviews (although they tend to fight like cats in a sack so every review tends to be Newtonian in that every opinion expressed one way is countered by an equal and opposite opinion from somebody else).

I’ve not found the keyboard equivalent of BassChat. Rather than a separate forum, perhaps we could claim a little corner here or over on Guitarchat to talk about our secret vice?

• Thanks 1

Thanks Skinnyman. I've enjoyed trawling through gearspace over the years and agree with what you say about the Newtonian nature of the reviews etc.  Sound on Sound can be pretty good as well.

I just wish that there was a keyboard equivalent of Basschat which is far more active in terms of the quantity and range of topics discussed, helpful and pretty friendly.  Maybe that's just indicative of bass players as a whole 😆

• Like 2

If your interest also lies with synths and music production, gearspace.com has a forum, and in there one discusses synths a lot and sometimes also pianos and organs.
That website earlier was named gearslutz.com.
I haven't been on there for several years, and can't comment on how it has developed since, but maybe it's worth checking out.

I'm with you on the b0ring aspect of pianoworld.

• Thanks 1

I’ve been on a few different keys forums, but most are manufacturer related. Metapop is Native Instruments related, but has a good forum & some great competitions too, but it’s not Basschat level.

How about a Keyschat subgroup?

• Thanks 1