Why become a member? ×

Fender Japan Precision Standard J Craft series 2004 - *SOLD*
£650
Darlington

karlfer

As per title.

£650 collected from Darlington with hard case, £620 with no case or gig bag.

A Fender Precision bass, Made in Japan by people in a factory putting bits of wood, plastic & metal together.

Sounds like a Precision.

Weight 9lb 5oz.

New Dunlop Superbrights 40 to 100

New black scratchplate custom made by Bass Doc to give it a more 70's look. Original white plate included.

A better advert than mine, link.

https://www.gasstationguitars.com/product-page/fender-japan-2004-vintage-white-standard-precision-bass-cij

ISSUES.

Dent in back, a few tiny dints around the edges, difficult to photo.

Saddle screws are daft high, it will bother some, it doesn't bother me, I don't know what palm mute means. Ahem.

REASON FOR SALE.

Object of lust has been spotted & funds towards it are required.

MEET UP.

Yes, will travel roughly as far as Alnwick, Penrith, Ferrybridge for a half way meet.

COURIER.

Yes, I give you weight & dimensions, you organise & pay for it.

TRADES

Very unlikely BUT if the object of my lust sells, I may well be tempted with an American Special P or Mex Road Worn P plus suitable quids your way.

FEEDBACK

https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/288068-feedback-for-karlfer/page/7/

Thanks for looking.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

Edited by karlfer
  • Like 6

Nice bass. If I have the funds before it sells I might just go for this. The Ad title you link to says Crafted in Japan, though the headstock on both yours and one in the ad says Made In Japan. Not too far away in York

What is the nud width on these? Some Japanese P basses are slightly narrower 40mm? Maybe it's just certain Squiers I'm not sure

Edited by Bassistclem

4 hours ago, itsmedunc said:

Lovely basses these as you well know Karl. I had one from the same era and (like I always do) sold it and regretted it ever since! Tempting price too. Ummmmm. GLWTS

Cheers Dunc, hope you & yours are fine.

I've seen quite a few Fender Japan basses out at "optimistic" prices of late.

The price, imo, is fair to buyer & seller.

4 hours ago, Bassistclem said:

Nice bass. If I have the funds before it sells I might just go for this. The Ad title you link to says Crafted in Japan, though the headstock on both yours and one in the ad says Made In Japan. Not too far away in York

What is the nud width on these? Some Japanese P basses are slightly narrower 40mm? Maybe it's just certain Squiers I'm not sure

If you look at any of these J-Craft basses from this year, they have Made in Japan on the headstock but no country of origin above the neck serial number. As I understand it, they are from the Crafted In Japan years.

think it may be they were non-export but I'm no expert on the vagaries of Fender Japan production/serialising.

The nut is a fraction shy of 42mm, the 40 mm Japan P's you refer to are the 70's re-issues.

Edited by karlfer

• karlfer changed the title to Price drop, see post no. 7. Fender Japan Precision Standard J Craft series 2004
  • karlfer changed the title to Sold. Fender Japan Precision Standard J Craft series 2004