Why become a member? ×

Neck dive solution

uk_lefty

1 hour ago, neepheid said:

Came into this thread expecting to see the solution is "don't buy a Gibson" ;)

Well... I've never understood the whole neck dive thing anyway, but others don't understand why I like hi-mass bridges. Either way we're all keeping someone in business somewhere in the world 🤠

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, uk_lefty said:

Well... I've never understood the whole neck dive thing anyway, but others don't understand why I like hi-mass bridges. Either way we're all keeping someone in business somewhere in the world 🤠

It really bothers some folk, doesn't it?  I haven't noticed it very often.  In my experience a wide and grippy strap (ie. one which isn't as slippery as Lord Lucan) will sort out most ills of this type.

• Like 1

I once bought an Epiphone SG that had horrendous neck dive, soon got rid.

One good thing about neck dive is that it stops that really annoying habit some bass players have (well it annoys me) of letting go off the neck when they're playing an open string, with a smug look on their face

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulWarning said:

I once bought an Epiphone SG that had horrendous neck dive, soon got rid.

One good thing about neck dive is that it stops that really annoying habit some bass players have (well it annoys me) of letting go off the neck when they're playing an open string, with a smug look on their face

I used to have a different habit, take my hand off the neck to reach down to my pint in between songs. My Epi Thunderbirds stopped that the first (which was also the last) time the headstock plunged into the glass shattering it and spilling my beer all over the floor 😠

• Haha 1