Why become a member? ×

NBD...again!

Staggering on

One week ago I made a round trip of almost 600km in a snowstorm and came home with this. It's my third DB in 4 years and it's what I should have bought the first time right after I got home from the 2018 BC Double Bass Bash. This is a Shen SB100 laminate bass AND an Acoustic Image Coda combo with the Clarus Series 4 Plus amp, both are about 10 years old and in mint condition. I am loving this combination and the Spirocores and I'm getting used to the set up on the bass and having fun learning about the amp. I would highly recommend both of these.

It is a bit of a silly purchase because we are in another lockdown since Christmas in Ontario and both of my bands have stopped rehearsing and we have no gigs on the horizon, basically all venues are shut down but I figured that at 75 I might as well get what I wanted and hope that when things finally start up again I will be ready to go with really good equipment. I play every day and am very pleased with this bass and amp...look out world! 👍😄

P1040617.JPG

P1040622.JPG

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Grahambythesea said:

Love your Blues Brothers poster in the background. One of my favourite films & I liked the Sequel B.B. 2000. Most of the band in the 2nd film toured a show which I got to see at the Festival Hall in London featuring of course the late lamented Duck on bass. 

Lucky you, I would have loved to have seen that show.

There is a DVD of the first movie that includes extras including bits showing how some of the crazier scenes(the mall car chase for example) were filmed, no computer images, just loads of extras, cars and stunt drivers. 👍