Why become a member? ×

Maruszczyk elwood trussrod....works in reverse!!

ebenezer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep, normal M bass reverse rod. It’s made quite clear in enclosed manuals and a few places on line, but if you don’t get a manual w a  used one and don’t somehow  learn about it on line, you could very likely have a problem, especially if you just crank away all in one sitting.

Now, none of us would ever do anything like, would we?

• 1 year later...

I just bought an Elwood 5a absolution on this very site from @Quent who was kind enough to make sure I knew about this too. 

I wonder why reverse truss rods exist? None of the basses I have currently have one, this’ll be the first. Fascinating. I didn’t even know they were a thing!

2 hours ago, basexperience said:

I wonder why reverse truss rods exist?

Don't you drive on the left side of the road?

Don't you use left thread?

Don't you use imperial system?

Didn't you put the positive of batteries to the ground?

Strange to ask such a question, no?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

Don't you drive on the left side of the road? Yes. It is the sensible way.

Don't you use left thread? No. M Coarse.

Don't you use imperial system? No The UK adopted the SI/Metric system of measurements in 1971.

Didn't you put the positive of batteries to the ground? How absurd, this is a stupid idea

Strange to ask such a question, no?

• Like 1

Just for the record @Chienmortbb:

https://mossmotors.com/how-to-positive-or-negative-ground

And what I wrote were just facts as I don't care what you use as long as you don't pretend they are the only correct options.

These were just to demonstrate that there's no right option, so a truss rod is not working in reverse, but is a left or right thread working system and both are totally correct.

Got it?

1 minute ago, Hellzero said:

Just for the record @Chienmortbb:

https://mossmotors.com/how-to-positive-or-negative-ground

And what I wrote were just facts as I don't care what you use as long as you don't pretend they are the only correct options.

I don't think cars or motorcycles have been positive ground for about 50 years.

However, I have both Seis and Warwicks, and they are all reverse truss-rod. It's just the way things are.

26 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

That's why I used a past tense...

Wouldn't it have been more appropriate to ask why Belgians drive on the right, then, as historically Europeans generally went on the left so the UK is doing it the way it always did.

20 minutes ago, tauzero said:

Wouldn't it have been more appropriate to ask why Belgians drive on the right, then, as historically Europeans generally went on the left so the UK is doing it the way it always did.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-_and_right-hand_traffic

If you read it, you'll notice that right hand traffic is the most common worldwide by a huge margin.

You'll also notice that in ancient times people were driving in the middle of the road and when crossing, they kept the ... right side of the road, so please stop with this absurd assertions.

And once again U.K. was, is and will always be in Europe, but decided to get out of the EEC, which is something different.

4 minutes ago, neepheid said:

Do we not drive on the left in order to keep our right hand free for swinging swords at people?

I know I do!

I was reading up about it recently in fact, and it's quite interesting how different systems developed due in part to the types or roads available and the sorts of loads being transported. I tend to drive roughly in the middle and judge each inbound vehicle on a case by case basis.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hellzero said:

And once again U.K. was, is and will always be in Europe, but decided to get out of the EEC, which is something different.

I used the term "Europe" to mean Europe, not the EEC, EC, EU, or any other subset of Europe. Sorry if you couldn't understand my plain simple English but it should have been quite obvious from the context that I meant Europe as Europe.