Why become a member? ×

Wiring advice please

Jimothey

I'm thinking of trying a new pickup wiring that I've seen

I know you can coil split humbucker pickups but if its possible how would you wire 2 single coil pickup on a on-on-on switch so they can be series-parallel-humbucker

They would be configured like this 

_20220119_001325.thumb.JPG.ba8e5b0d60bc850fd2d3269f245aff9b.JPG

Any advice inc diagrams would be gratefully received 

• Like 1

Obviously wire colours are dependant on your pickup manufacturer - there is no standard and they all do change which colour is which so check which wires are which before you start. The words are right.

Obviously if you have an On-On-On switch you can have a humbucker / series / single which has a bit more use.

image.png

if you can make space for a blade style switch then the 4 way telecaster (guitar) wiring is rather good, gives neck or bridge solo'd and then both pickups either series or parallel, I made this mod to my guitar a few years ago and it's great. 

Matt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/01/2022 at 13:35, Matt P said:

if you can make space for a blade style switch then the 4 way telecaster (guitar) wiring is rather good, gives neck or bridge solo'd and then both pickups either series or parallel, I made this mod to my guitar a few years ago and it's great. 

Matt

I’ll second that. I have used a 4 way Tele switch to do just that. The added wrinkle is that the neck pickup is a humbucker and middle pickup single coil, so the series position creates a 3 coil pickup, which sounds huge but it is a bit noisy. I also have a separate coil tap switch for the humbucker.

FA4AD00F-BEC5-449D-9972-D0A112F24360.thumb.jpeg.49921ff529fb24167571093097677275.jpeg

• Thanks 1