Why become a member? ×

Allegedly Hawkwind's Alan Davey's Rick

Clarky

To save you the effort:

"Rickenbacker Bass Guiar(used To Be Alan Daveys From Hawkwind). I bought this of hawkwind ex-bass player roughly 5 to 8 tears ago I had a letter stating the I bought this of Alan davey its a fire glow rickenbacker Bass guitar,which they don't make any more but I,ve misplaced it somewhere and it was signed by Alan in the letter so if I come across it I'll put it with this beautiful guiar,there,s not a mark on this fantastic jem,it comes with his psyedelic warlords and tombstone aroma stickers that and hawkwind fans might recognise plus it was used on a few of his solo albums..sorry about the photos not doing this bass guitar any justice as they were taken of my phone "

8 minutes ago, vinorange said:

Would being owned by Alan Davey increase or decrease its worth?

Just asking...nothing inferred......

Genuinely I can't see it affecting the value that much, but if you were a real fan I guess maybe you would be more interested.

Given that is more than the full price, you would have to be quite the fan to go for it I would have thought, although probably not one to judge as I never really understood why you would pay a lot more for something a 'celbrity' didn't want.

• Like 1

I wouldn't pay a premium for Alan Davey's bass. However, he is a very good player if somewhat heavily inspired by his predecessor Lemmy. Take a listen to Right to Decide from the album Electric Tepee for some prime Lemmy 'Space Ritual' type bass lines

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...