Why become a member? ×

Steinberger Synapse 5-String Fretless £525 - *SOLD*
£695
Woking

lowregisterhead

NOW SOLD

For sale is my Steinberger Synapse 5-string, which was converted to a lined fretless by a previous owner. As nice a bass as this is, I've come to realise that a fretless is wasted on me, so I've decided to move it on.

It's light and very easy to play, with a great array of tones from the EMG magnetic pickup that can be blended with the piezo pickups under the bridge saddle, and an active 2-band EQ. Despite the slightly odd appearance of the strap 'hook', it's really well balanced and very comfortable on a strap or on the knee.

A couple of the built-in standard string screw anchors at the end of the neck had failed, so I removed them and fitted an adapter for using single ball strings. Double ball end strings can still be used via the keyhole slots in the headpiece. It's just had a new set of D'Addario EXL170 nickels fitted, and also included are a set of double ball end flatwounds that were on it when I first got the bass.

Edited by lowregisterhead
  • Like 9

• lowregisterhead changed the title to Steinberger Synapse 5-String Fretless £525
  • 1 month later...
  • lowregisterhead changed the title to Steinberger Synapse 5-String Fretless SOLD