Why become a member? ×

Wal MkII 5-String - *SOLD*
£7995
Woking

lowregisterhead

For sale is my Wal MkII 5-string in a black gloss finish with gold hardware and an ebony fingerboard.

Made in 1991, it's in excellent condition despite the fact it's now approaching its 31st birthday, the only significant wear and tear in three decades being a chip out of the poly finish on the very tip of the headstock.

It's sporting a custom scratchplate that Kim at Charlie Chandlers made for it, but I understand it's held in place by the truss rod 'boat', so can be removed. Kim also did a full refret and PLEK last year, and it plays like a dream. A new set of D'Addario EXL-170 nickels have just been fitted. The tuners were replaced with Schaller M4S lightweights, but the original Schaller tuners are also included in the sale. At 4.9kg, it's not too heavy as Wals go, and balances very well on the knee or a strap. It comes complete with the original blue/grey case, fully functional with all catches working, and it even has a key! If you look closely you should be able to see the metal-handled allen key that the earliest Wals came with also in the case, although this originated from an older MkII I owned a few years ago.

I'm not too keen to ship it for obvious reasons, so collection is preferred, but I can box it up securely and ship it (fully insured) at the buyer's cost and risk if picking it up is not possible.  I got some rough costs from UPS for this, and within the UK would be approximately £125, USA and elsewhere £250+ (plus import duties and taxes payable in the destination country). Sorry, but no trade offers please.

NOW SOLD.

Edited by lowregisterhead
  • Like 29

Once it hits the US, the shipping company will tack on 5% of the sale price to the receiver for the Duty fee. The receiver may or may not have any sales tax depending on what State they live in.

You as a seller will have to print up a simple invoice and attach to a pouch on the outside of the box to make things easy for all parties.

• Thanks 1