Why become a member? ×

Orange Little Bass Thing

Guest BassAdder27

I have the excellent Orange LBT head as my spare amp head which was new last July 

I noticed the compressor control was a bit crackly when turning ( was like it from new ) so reported it to Orange who said to return it to PMT

PMT then said it would go back for repair ( to be honest I was hoping they would swop it over ) so I thought instead of the hassle and possible risk of shipping it and waiting a while I took it upon myself to investigate.

Opened the top and sprayed contact cleaner into the pot and turned several times.

Put it back together and issue now gone, result. Took 30mins to sort and it’s now even better than new.

Still think they are often overlooked in favour of the Terror series but the LBT has a tube feel to it and it’s a loud amp.

Had considered selling it last year but for now it’s definitely a keeper albeit as a standby to my Ashdown 

Update : Decided to send it back to PMT and they replaced it with a new unit 👍

Edited by BassAdder27

• 4 months later...

I've had a LBT as my main gigging amp for a year (or maybe two). Use it with a BF Super Compact, never had any trouble, good loud ballsy amp.

Unfortunately, it has been 'resting' recently as I seem to have developed a strange passion for Ashdown ABM combos, and have bought three over the last month or two, the most recent purchase was about an hour ago!

Any gig that involves stairs will see the LBT/SC come back instantly - no way am I carrying an ABM combo up and down stairs!

42 minutes ago, BassAdder27 said:

Decided to put mine up for sale on here ( I have three amps and one must go ) 

Virtually  unused as purchased as a backup amp 

I'm quite tempted - if you still have it at the weekend (I've got something happening for something else) then I may get in contact.

Could it do a nice Duck Dunn sound?

21 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

I'm quite tempted - if you still have it at the weekend (I've got something happening for something else) then I may get in contact.

Could it do a nice Duck Dunn sound?

Thanks … The LBT is a cleaner sounding Orange amp with a warmth to its tone. Suitable for most genres I think and a loud 500w head too