Why become a member? ×

NAD - GR Bass Dual 1400

binky_bass

NAD is here once again! 

This time it's out with the Markbass Multiamp Mono and in with the GR Bass Duel 1400!

I already have the GR Bass AT410+ cab (15kg and 1200w!) so this head being 3.5kg and 1400w should give me an obscene 1200w usable headroom in an 18.5kg package.

The set up of the amp is super clever too... it has two channels that you can run separately (either a bass and a keyboard or two basses at the same time) or you can run both channels with one bass and use both EQ sections either together or separately. It also has a built in tuner (which shows BEADGC, and as a 6 string bass player that is a MASSIVE plus) and built in overdrive if you want to blend in a bit of bite. 

Can't want to give this one a try!

20220118_132814.thumb.jpg.1a2aaffff7c56ec3cac882f6feaa17a6.jpg

Edited by binky_bass
  • Like 2

The LED's are really powerful, don't stare at them, Russ.

That's the only "grief" I could find, the rest is excellent and the tuner is useable with a sixer, even if a bit slow compared to a Peterson or a TC Electronic, but nothing to really worry about.

You will love this head, for sure !

5 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

The LED's are really powerful, don't stare at them, Russ.

That's the only "grief" I could find, the rest is excellent and the tuner is useable with a sixer, even if a bit slow compared to a Peterson or a TC Electronic, but nothing to really worry about.

You will love this head, for sure !

One of my favourite hobbies is to stare directly into the sun... I only bought the head for the LEDs! 😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You'll need a second cab to get the full 1400 watts. It's 2 separate amps. 2x700watts at 4 ohms. I doubt you'll need any more volume with the 4x10 though😁

I have been eyeing up the single channel one 1400....I have an AT210 and an AT112H...both 4 ohms. Would like to hear your opinion when you get to know the amp!

Edited by MOSCOWBASS

7 hours ago, MOSCOWBASS said:

You'll need a second cab to get the full 1400 watts. It's 2 separate amps. 2x700watts at 4 ohms. I doubt you'll need any more volume with the 4x10 though😁

I have been eyeing up the single channel one 1400....I have an AT210 and an AT112H...both 4 ohms. Would like to hear your opinion when you get to know the amp!

No, it's not, the Dual series are dual channels (or twin channels) with mono output, so here a 1400 Watts output under 4 Ohms.

https://www.grbass.com/portfolio/dual-1400/

Edited by Hellzero
Video added
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MOSCOWBASS said:

Apologies, i hadn't noticed that, I assumed it was a 2 channel version if the one1400! I'm very pleased with my speakers so far.

I haven't used it in a band setting yet, but one thing I have immediately noticed is that it isn't particularly quite... even with the gain and volume each at the 9 o'clock position there is a lot of hum. When you turn them both to the 3 o'clock position the noise is extremely loud. 

Did you find the same thing with your amp? 

3 hours ago, binky_bass said:

I haven't used it in a band setting yet, but one thing I have immediately noticed is that it isn't particularly quite... even with the gain and volume each at the 9 o'clock position there is a lot of hum. When you turn them both to the 3 o'clock position the noise is extremely loud. 

Did you find the same thing with your amp? 

I don't have a GR amp yet, I'm using a Mesa D800 and a mesa D800+ preamp pedal with the GR speakers. I like it, but cant buy another Mesa just now due to shortages. Its quiet in terms of background noise although the fan is noticeable in the house. I was looking at the GR one 1400 as a potential 2 ohm capable backup in a small package. I haven't played one.