Why become a member? ×

Hagstrom Super Swede 'Rutger Gunnarsson' - *SOLD*
£600
Berks/Hants border

cetera

Some gear changes afoot here in 'Cetera Towers' so, very regrettably, up for sale is my lovely, almost mint, 2018 Hagstrom Super Swede reissue bass, in a beautiful dark red mahogany gloss finish.

Details from Hagstrom:

One of Hagstrom’s last projects before their Swedish production stopped was a collaboration between their chief guitar designer Per-Åke Olsson and Rutger Gunnarsson, bassist for the Swedish super-group ABBA. This resulted in the Super Swede Bass, which was used by Rutger throughout ABBA’s final North American tour in September/October 1979. Only 364 of these basses were produced before Hagstrom ceased guitar production in Sweden, and over the years they’ve become a sought-after collector’s item.

Hagstrom’s original Super Swede bass had a neck-through design, a feature found typically on more expensive hand-crafted bass guitars. Neck-through basses offer unrestricted access to the highest frets since there is no heel needed to support the neck/body joint, and also tend to have more sustain than traditional set-neck or bolt-on instruments.

Super Swede Bass Re-Creation

Our new Super Swede Bass is an authentic re-creation of this historic model from 1980. A Resinator fingerboard enhances the sustain of the neck-through design and contributes to the guitars articulate attack. Strings are anchored in place with individual saddles coupled directly to the single massive neck structure providing a foundation for long, piano-like sustain. Hagstrom’s brand-new J-Quad quad-stacked humbuckers are introduced with the Super Swede Bass. We thought it appropriate to commemorate this historic design with our latest pickup innovation. The J-Quads combine low-noise performance with a broad support of the full tonal spectrum, and just a little extra emphasis on mids and lows for when that extra “growl” is needed.

Specs:

Body: Mahogany

Neck: Mahogany

Neck Mount: Neck Through Body

Neck Form: deep d

Fingerboard: Resinator

Inlays: Pearloid Blocks

20 Medium Jumbo Frets

Nut: GraphTech Black Tusq XL

Nut Width: 40 mm (1,57")

Scale: 864 mm (34")

Pickups: J-Quad Humbucker (Quad-Stacked) (Bridge) - J-Quad Humbucker (Quad-Stacked) (Neck)

Controls: Volume, Volume, Tone

Hardware Finish: Chrome

Tuners: Hagstrom 22:1

This is an extremely comfortable and lightweight, slim bodied, Super-Jazz instrument with a strong tonal character and oodles of sustain when required. Here it is on my vid playng along to ABBA: 

The bass:

20220117_150427.jpg

20220117_150125.jpg

20220117_150224.jpg

20220117_150334.jpg

Condition is excellent (a solid 9 - 9.5/10). With an RRP of over £1000 (current shop price approx £850) this is your chance to get a fantastic, basically as-new, high quality instrument with a lovely tone and striking looks at hundreds of pounds cheaper.

Shipping likely to be £50-£60 within the UK. Payment by Paypal (you pay fees) or bank transfer only. Please see my extensive positive feedback thread for assurance of a clean, honest transaction.

Edited by cetera
  • Like 9

• cetera changed the title to Hagstrom Super Swede 'Rutger Gunnarsson'
1 minute ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I would have had that off you in a thrice when we chatted about them a little while ago.

Sadly I'm now locked into a Gear Abstinence Challenge and am therefore unable to purchase.

@bassfan - willpower in action 😂.

Meh, Gear Abstinence is such a waste of energy. Purchase and enjoy! You only live once ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I would have had that off you in a thrice when we chatted about them a little while ago.

Sadly I'm now locked into a Gear Abstinence Challenge and am therefore unable to purchase.

@bassfan - willpower in action 😂.

Pay him now, he will post it next year? 

• Haha 4

• cetera changed the title to *SOLD* Hagstrom Super Swede 'Rutger Gunnarsson'