Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB 414 Price Drop £180 - *SOLD*
£200

mikeycrikey

Price Dropped to £180

Yamaha BB 414. Great player. Sounds fantastic. Lovely Rosewood fret board. Just been oiled and polished.
Neck feels a lot slimmer than the 424 series that I used too own. Truss Rod is free to move and works correctly.

Electrics all work fine with no hum or buzzing.

Few marks up by the top of the head stock but overall in very good condition.
Used this at many rehersals and gigs and band members often asked me to use this bass over my more expensive ones.

Weight is 4.1 kg.

Collection from Huyton Liverpool, or meet up in the North West. Can post at buyers expense and risk.

20220117_135654.jpg

20220117_135659.jpg

20220117_135706.jpg

20220117_135805.jpg

20220117_135755.jpg

Edited by mikeycrikey
add information
  • Like 1

I had a bit of success last night. Decided to make an effort at sorting the truss rod issue out. 

Took the neck off as I was struggling to get a 5 mm Allen key into the access point where the neck meets the body.

Give it a good Dosing of penetrating oil and left it to soak. 

Soon at I tried the Allen key in the truss tod nut it turned easy in both directions.

Happy to report it now has a fully functioning truss rod.

Just need to set it up now. 

Think the plastic insert that lines the truss rod access point was stopping me getting the Allen key all the way to get sufficient torque on it to turn it.

Need to amended my advert now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeycrikey said:

I had a bit of success last night. Decided to make an effort at sorting the truss rod issue out. 

Took the neck off as I was struggling to get a 5 mm Allen key into the access point where the neck meets the body.

Give it a good Dosing of penetrating oil and left it to soak. 

Soon at I tried the Allen key in the truss tod nut it turned easy in both directions.

Happy to report it now has a fully functioning truss rod.

Just need to set it up now. 

Think the plastic insert that lines the truss rod access point was stopping me getting the Allen key all the way to get sufficient torque on it to turn it.

Need to amended my advert now.

Nice one Mike.

• Like 1

• mikeycrikey changed the title to Yamaha BB 414 *SOLD*