Why become a member? ×

Zombie Threads

mr4stringz

22 hours ago, Nail Soup said:

Funnily enough I was Googling a banjo topic this evening and ended up at a thread in a place called 'Banjo Hangout'

The thread was marked as archived/locked and had a note on it saying you can start a new thread if you want and link it.

image.png.d35797ce9e9375c0768915e90dbc8398.png

(and yes, I am thinking of building a mountain banjo 🙂!)

Banjo Hangout :D  Sounds like some sort of medical condition requring some sort of support undergarments.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, BassTractor said:

I know exactly what you mean.
Recently, someone revived the Daily Awesomeness thread.
On a British forum!!!! 😱

😉

I keep trying to add to that but it's always buried deep in the pages, whereas the Daily Annoyances thread is usual high up on page one. 

I think I even posted that as an annoyance once, adding to my annoyance that there's not enough awesomeness. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Maude said:

I keep trying to add to that but it's always buried deep in the pages, whereas the Daily Annoyances thread is usual high up on page one. 

I think I even posted that as an annoyance once, adding to my annoyance that there's not enough awesomeness. 

Yeah, I think you rightly did so. Also, several have rightly pointed at the two threads' page counts. Staggering statistics - hence my notion.
That and you Brits' famous and hard-to-copy ability to moan. We foreigners try too, but fail every time. 😃 

Edited by BassTractor
  • Haha 1

I think it depends upon what it is.  Some things like links, prices, availability of things will be woefully out of date or long gone but resurrecting a thread dealing with hard facts or principles I don't have an issue with.  The resurrection of a long dormant wanted post with someone having the thing the person wanted leading to a deal is a beautiful thing.

I've been known to utter a "holy thread resurrection, Batman" in the past, but I don't mean any malice in it - I am genuinely surprised at the elapsed time.  I usually follow it up with a tempering of expectations for the thread resurrector where appropriate.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, neepheid said:

The resurrection of a long dormant wanted post with someone having the thing the person wanted leading to a deal is a beautiful thing.

Can't happen here. Wanted threads are all non discussion, reply by PM these days.

Regards moaning Brits, we invented a new word just for them, Whinging Pom. A moan crossed with a whine is a whinge, cuts through like nails on a chalkboard.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

Can't happen here. Wanted threads are all non discussion, reply by PM these days.

Regards moaning Brits, we invented a new word just for them, Whinging Pom. A moan crossed with a whine is a whinge, cuts through like nails on a chalkboard.

"We"? You're in NZ. I thought that expression was coined by the Aussies. As far as whinging goes, both of your countries have taken it to new heights over the plague recently, so beware throwing stones from that glass house you're living in. 

1 hour ago, Dan Dare said:

"We"? You're in NZ. I thought that expression was coined by the Aussies. As far as whinging goes, both of your countries have taken it to new heights over the plague recently, so beware throwing stones from that glass house you're living in. 

'...both of your countries....'?

• Haha 1

There nothing wrong with opening an old thread - In many cases it’s far better than starting another thread and I’ve come across some great info on revived threads.

Just prior to Christmas I opened about 15-20 threads that were all bumped by different people, all of whom appeared to have joined, just to bump an old thread. It was a bit odd, and in several cases pointless because they were asking the OP a question when that user hasn’t been on BC for years. From a quick search this is the only post any of these new users made. I gather BC wasn’t the only music-related forum where this happened, hence me asking on another thread whether it was some kind of weird spambot.

And whoosh! if this is what you’re all joking about - I couldn’t see through all the sarcasm ;)

2 hours ago, Dan Dare said:

As far as whinging goes, both of your countries have taken it to new heights over the plague recently. . . .

I got lots of "Whinging Pom" digs (good natured, mostly) when I lived in Sydney, but. . . . you've never heard whinging until an Aussie gets going. It's another thing they can beat the Brits at!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

Regards moaning Brits, we invented a new word just for them, Whinging Pom. 

I believe the term applies specifically to the English 😉

Edited by Shaggy