Jump to content

Parcel2go - WTH????


Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Hellzero said:

 

Don't you think that we have brokers over here in Belgium, @Kev and that taking me for a fool is some kind of stupid sectarianism ?

 

Really astonishing patronising behaviour, especially from a moderator !

 


Something lost in translation there Mr H. Nothing even slightly controversial in @Kev’s post. 
 

Here in the UK buying a service becomes a contract between buyer and seller. Therefore your first and only course of action when there are problems is to go to the seller. However, it all becomes a bit murky when they’re a broker of other services (like just about any kind of insurance). You think you’re reading the broker’s terms and conditions when booking, but it’s more likely to be either the courier’s, or a combination of both. In the case of a missing or damaged parcel, you may have put £500 cover in and paid for it on the broker website - but it doesn’t mean you’re covered as it depends what the courier offers, and also what items they offer cover for. There are some very slippery terms and conditions in broker contracts.
This is why I never, ever use companies like Parcel2Go or Interparcel for anything of any significant value.
Paradoxically when posting basses, signing up with an account directly with UPS offers the same services for far less than Interparcel, genuine transit cover (but make sure the bass is in a hard case and boxed) and your contract is directly with the courier (I pay with credit card too for an extra layer of purchase protection in case things go wrong, not sure whether I would actually have a claim but it can’t hurt).
The other option is of course separate transit cover, but that’s usually significantly more expensive. 
I guess all courier services are fine until something goes wrong…

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, walshy said:

Hi Mr Moon!

 

Don't panic as they don't always update their info as they go. I use them a lot and never had any problems, I mean more than 100 basses/pedals etc sent. Not loads of help but hopefully puts your mind at ease for a bit! I know couriers are mega struggling atm, obviously this doesn't help with new pedal gas!

+1

 

i always us them opting for parcelforce drop off service - so I don’t have to wait for the item to be collected I drop it off at local post office

 

sometimes they update the tracking information late especially with items sent abroad 

 

don’t panic

 

have faith

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Hellzero said:

 

Don't you think that we have brokers over here in Belgium, @Kev and that taking me for a fool is some kind of stupid sectarianism ?

 

Really astonishing patronising behaviour, especially from a moderator !

 

I can only assume something has been lost in translation, because nothing i said warrants that response, at all.

 

You were merely wrong in what you said, and I assumed companies like P2Go must operate differently in Europe than in the UK.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, FDC484950 said:


Something lost in translation there Mr H. Nothing even slightly controversial in @Kev’s post. 
 

Here in the UK buying a service becomes a contract between buyer and seller. Therefore your first and only course of action when there are problems is to go to the seller. However, it all becomes a bit murky when they’re a broker of other services (like just about any kind of insurance). You think you’re reading the broker’s terms and conditions when booking, but it’s more likely to be either the courier’s, or a combination of both. In the case of a missing or damaged parcel, you may have put £500 cover in and paid for it on the broker website - but it doesn’t mean you’re covered as it depends what the courier offers, and also what items they offer cover for. There are some very slippery terms and conditions in broker contracts.
This is why I never, ever use companies like Parcel2Go or Interparcel for anything of any significant value.
Paradoxically when posting basses, signing up with an account directly with UPS offers the same services for far less than Interparcel, genuine transit cover (but make sure the bass is in a hard case and boxed) and your contract is directly with the courier (I pay with credit card too for an extra layer of purchase protection in case things go wrong, not sure whether I would actually have a claim but it can’t hurt).
The other option is of course separate transit cover, but that’s usually significantly more expensive. 
I guess all courier services are fine until something goes wrong…

 

Just now, Kev said:

I can only assume something has been lost in translation, because nothing i said warrants that response, at all.

 

You were merely wrong in what you said, and I assumed companies like P2Go must operate differently in Europe than in the UK.

 

 

What could be lost in translation as I don't translate ?

 

This is becoming exhausting.

 

You don't need to be British to speak or understand English, that's again very frustrating too.

 

I also know exactly what a broker is and how the system is working in the U.K., which is very similar to the way it's working in what you call Europe, forgetting that U.K. was, is and will always be in Europe and mismatching Europe with the EEC.

 

Do I have to tell you that most of the U.K. couriers won't refund more than £100 for a musical instrument whatever insurance you may have taken ?

 

I don't think so as you know it too.

 

So could you please stop this insulting process ?

  • Confused 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

 

 

What could be lost in translation as I don't translate ?

 

This is becoming exhausting.

 

You don't need to be British to speak or understand English, that's again very frustrating too.

 

I also know exactly what a broker is and how the system is working in the U.K., which is very similar to the way it's working in what you call Europe, forgetting that U.K. was, is and will always be in Europe and mismatching Europe with the EEC.

 

Do I have to tell you that most of the U.K. couriers won't refund more than £100 for a musical instrument whatever insurance you may have taken ?

 

I don't think so as you know it too.

 

So could you please stop this insulting process ?

Exhausting indeed.  Gotcha 👍

 

To the OP: did you discover what courier was used and their tracking number?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Kev said:

Hermes are having problems at the moment, lost two of my parcels end of last year, and a few more took a long time to delivery, 5 weeks being the longest.  If your friend used a Hermes service (which may have been the cheapest P2GO offered) buckle up, you could be waiting a while, and they will do absolutely nothing to help you.

This^^^^^^ in fact I would go as far as saying their systems are set up purposely to be unhelpful. When it works it’s ok, but as soon as there is a problem it’s a bloody PITA to get sorted. My last one through them was a pedal dropped over the gate in pouring rain. Thankfully a few hours in the airing cupboard saved it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FDC484950 said:


Something lost in translation there Mr H. Nothing even slightly controversial in @Kev’s post. 
 

Here in the UK buying a service becomes a contract between buyer and seller. Therefore your first and only course of action when there are problems is to go to the seller. However, it all becomes a bit murky when they’re a broker of other services (like just about any kind of insurance). You think you’re reading the broker’s terms and conditions when booking, but it’s more likely to be either the courier’s, or a combination of both. In the case of a missing or damaged parcel, you may have put £500 cover in and paid for it on the broker website - but it doesn’t mean you’re covered as it depends what the courier offers, and also what items they offer cover for. There are some very slippery terms and conditions in broker contracts.
This is why I never, ever use companies like Parcel2Go or Interparcel for anything of any significant value.
Paradoxically when posting basses, signing up with an account directly with UPS offers the same services for far less than Interparcel, genuine transit cover (but make sure the bass is in a hard case and boxed) and your contract is directly with the courier (I pay with credit card too for an extra layer of purchase protection in case things go wrong, not sure whether I would actually have a claim but it can’t hurt).
The other option is of course separate transit cover, but that’s usually significantly more expensive. 
I guess all courier services are fine until something goes wrong…

This. And when you carefully go through the excluded items list for what is not covered by the insurance it’s pretty much everything. They will still happily take the insurance money though. I no longer send/receive anything I am not prepared to take a hit on. Fine if your contract for the goods is via a reputable seller who will compensate you and use their own considerable weight to get their money back from the courier/broker but hopeless for your average mug.

Edited by tegs07
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rumple said:

You can easily call Interparcel (broker) if there's an issue with a delivery or collection and they sort it out but you never get a refund or a follow up after reporting a situation like the UPS or Parcelforce one mentioned above.

 

 

I had a parcel go missing after using brokers Interparcel, and using My Hermes as the courier.  Interparcel refunded me within 5 days of contacting them.  Just a couple of emails each way and it was sorted

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hellzero said:

 

 

What could be lost in translation as I don't translate ?

 

This is becoming exhausting.

 

You don't need to be British to speak or understand English, that's again very frustrating too.

 

I also know exactly what a broker is and how the system is working in the U.K., which is very similar to the way it's working in what you call Europe, forgetting that U.K. was, is and will always be in Europe and mismatching Europe with the EEC.

 

Do I have to tell you that most of the U.K. couriers won't refund more than £100 for a musical instrument whatever insurance you may have taken ?

 

I don't think so as you know it too.

 

So could you please stop this insulting process ?

I’m not sure why you feel so aggrieved?  You asked what the purpose of a broker like Parcel2Go was and got a response. They are convenient and can offer a cheaper service. The pitfalls are you have another link in the chain when things go wrong and they have a somewhat nefarious system of insurance against damages and loss. If you operate a small business sending hundreds or even thousands of parcels each year the cheaper cost and convenience of multiple couriers at the click of the button will probably offset the setbacks and costs associated with missing and damaged parcels and insurance is probably not worth taking.

For your average punter don’t use them if the loss or damage is more than you are prepared to put up with.

 

I don’t think Kev was insulting you. I have no idea what consumer rights are in Belgium and he was only trying to explain the set up here in the UK he understood them. 

Edited by tegs07
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, fleabag said:

 

 

I had a parcel go missing after using brokers Interparcel, and using My Hermes as the courier.  Interparcel refunded me within 5 days of contacting them.  Just a couple of emails each way and it was sorted


Did you do the lottery that night? You must have been feeling lucky to have emerged from a MyHerpes transaction unscathed ;)

To be fair Interparcel did cough up for me a few years ago when a motorcycle screen I thought was in bombproof packaging (and apparently made of unbreakable material) was destroyed by the courier in transit. They asked for photos of the delivery (probably to claim back from Parcelfarce) and paid out in about a week. If I were sending something £1,000-plus I’d be more nervous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, glassmoon said:

I only have the P2G tracking number... I don't know who the actual courier is.. I guess I can try all of them, Hermes, Parcelforce etc... I know I saw a link on the page somewhere... :)

 

As mentioned, when you book you know who you were booking with so the poster will know.

I know all couriers are going a bit slow at the moment. 

 

There is a thirdparty tracking page https://www.17track.net/en which I have found often better than couriers own tracking websites

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://parcelsapp.com/ gave me a good answer as to the process... I now have the P2G and the Hermes tracking numbers - P2G has made no change to their site, so that is a write off... Hermes fairs a little better.. 

But what it doesn't do, is explain to me how a 24 hour service can be delayed by 3 days... no communication from anyone is not good service, it's shockingly poor "service"... and yes, I am aggrieved by this, as is, I'm sure, the sender.  This was a simple deal... "Can I buy your piece of gear?", "Yes of course", "Great, here is the money", "Thank you.  The parcel has been collected for 24 hour delivery", "My thanks"... and here I am on day 5, wondering what is going on... 

 

Anyway... this has been an informative thread for me... thank you for contributing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, FDC484950 said:


Did you do the lottery that night? You must have been feeling lucky to have emerged from a MyHerpes transaction unscathed ;)

 

 

I must admit, back in the days when i used My Herpes direct,  £110 worth of kitchen tiles went  ' missing '

The postcode turned out to be the Chinese takeaway next door, but i spoke to the takeaway mananger in person, and there was no such delivery.  The driver had simply trotted off with them, but no signature was available. Driver simply stated ' delivered' and that was good enough for MH.   I got my bank involved, reluctantly by them, because i'd paid via Paypal, who were also useless. If the item was ' deliverd' that was also good enoigh for Paypal, with no proof of that delivery.

 

So yes, i've missed out when using MH direct, and they were a nightmare to deal with.  Facebook complaints only, as they removed their customer service phone number, for obvious reasons.

Then the Facebook messages stopped. They simply washed their hands of it, hence me going to my bank.

 

Using a broker, its the  broker who has to deal with the courier,  which if using MH as the courier, is  much better.  Maybe i got lucky - who knows

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was watching on YT a guy who delivers for Amazon. Each morning he gets around 150 parcels in delivery order packed in cages and then around another 50 which are random and he has to sort through in a packed van every time he needs to find a particular item. For this he gets around 49p a parcel and has to pay for his van, insurance and fuel. He's lost 2 stone with all the walking even though it's an urban round.

Oh, he said My Hermes were now owned by Amazon, not sure how true this is, but just picking up on the race to the bottom (in terms of tariffs), something has to give!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hellzero said:

 

 

What could be lost in translation as I don't translate ?

 

This is becoming exhausting.

 

You don't need to be British to speak or understand English, that's again very frustrating too.

 

I also know exactly what a broker is and how the system is working in the U.K., which is very similar to the way it's working in what you call Europe, forgetting that U.K. was, is and will always be in Europe and mismatching Europe with the EEC.

 

Do I have to tell you that most of the U.K. couriers won't refund more than £100 for a musical instrument whatever insurance you may have taken ?

 

I don't think so as you know it too.

 

So could you please stop this insulting process ?

I don’t think anyone is insulting your use of English and as I’ve said before I hadn’t realised you were not a Brit until quite recently. Sometimes “lost in translation” can be a little more ephemeral than strictly use of language and encompass other things

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, glassmoon said:

https://parcelsapp.com/ gave me a good answer as to the process... I now have the P2G and the Hermes tracking numbers - P2G has made no change to their site, so that is a write off... Hermes fairs a little better.. 

But what it doesn't do, is explain to me how a 24 hour service can be delayed by 3 days... no communication from anyone is not good service, it's shockingly poor "service"... and yes, I am aggrieved by this, as is, I'm sure, the sender.  This was a simple deal... "Can I buy your piece of gear?", "Yes of course", "Great, here is the money", "Thank you.  The parcel has been collected for 24 hour delivery", "My thanks"... and here I am on day 5, wondering what is going on... 

 

Anyway... this has been an informative thread for me... thank you for contributing.

Honestly, many couriers are really delayed at the moment, absences from COVID are nightmare. Many couriers are stating clearly on their websites now that they cannot guarantee their usual service.  Hermes Next Day is dodgy at the best of times, absolutely NO chance at the moment.  A delay of 3 days is common.  I posted something first class signed for last Friday, and it is yet to have arrived.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Kev said:

Hermes Next Day is dodgy at the best of times, absolutely NO chance at the moment.  A delay of 3 days is common.  I posted something first class signed for last Friday, and it is yet to have arrived.

 

Pah! Amateur! 🤣🤣 I posted a parcel with Herpes on the 18th Oct and I'm still chasing it! 😮😁

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Hellzero said:

There's something I really don't understand : Why stubbornly use cheap couriers when you know it will also mean cheap to no service ?

 

If it's cheap, it means someone is not being paid in the chain or nobody is paid correctly, so expect problems.

 

A broker is an unnecessary intermediate who must be paid, so you know where most of the money is going.

 

I use expensive couriers booked through brokers which brings the price down to very little more than cheap couriers. The broker gives me an option of which courier to use and I choose (it's almost always been UPS for pretty good reliability and insurance, at least IME). As I know which courier they're using and have a reference number for that courier, if anything goes wrong then contacting the courier direct means the message isn't being relayed out and then relayed back.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, yorks5stringer said:

Was watching on YT a guy who delivers for Amazon. Each morning he gets around 150 parcels in delivery order packed in cages and then around another 50 which are random and he has to sort through in a packed van every time he needs to find a particular item. For this he gets around 49p a parcel and has to pay for his van, insurance and fuel. He's lost 2 stone with all the walking even though it's an urban round.

Oh, he said My Hermes were now owned by Amazon, not sure how true this is, but just picking up on the race to the bottom (in terms of tariffs), something has to give!

I think this puts them under too much pressure, which ultimately costs the employer in the long run.

 

I had an item claimed to have been delivered through my letter box this week. It wasn’t. Contacted Amazon who were incredibly good, just arranged for a replacement to be sent, which I received the next day.

 

2 days after that a knock on the door, my item had been delivered to The British Legion, which is nearby and the same postcode - note, nothing like the same door number. I think the driver pulled up at the postcode, couldn’t immediately see where I live, which is a bit obscured, and just delivered it to wherever they could see/wherever was nearest.

 

Which has cost Amazon, though I will try to return the original, after all I don’t need two of the same book and I don’t want to cheat them out of it. But to me it’s the pressure of the volume of items that drives this behaviour - that or the need for better spectacles.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, yorks5stringer said:

 

Oh, he said My Hermes were now owned by Amazon, not sure how true this is, 

Not true at all. Hermes is a private German company...owned by another German company called otto.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...