Why become a member? ×

Parcel2go - WTH????

glassmoon

Hello all... 

Anyone here used Parcel2go recently to send anything?

I bought a pedal from @Bassman666 (thanks mate) and he sent it on Tuesday on 24 hour delivery... it's now Friday and the status hasn't gone beyond "collection" - which is the 2nd point and just before "in transit" which comes before "at the depot" - which means that it is not yet even ready to be sent to me!!!!!!!!!!!!  P2G no longer uses a contact phone number and there isn't an email or anything to get in touch with them... their online chat bot I swear is more stupid than my French Bulldog.  It seems purposefully obtuse in trying to evade answering the question.  The tracking status now says "We are very sorry that your parcel has not yet been delivered." because now all is right with the world.

WHERE IS MY BLOODY PARCEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem... does anyone know anyone who knows how to get hold of these people?  an email, a phone number, the name of a carrier pigeon even?  This honestly is THE worst service I have ever experienced from a courier, and I come from South Africa!

Kind regards... albeit with a slight hint of anger

Julian aka glassmoon

Hi Mr Moon!

Don't panic as they don't always update their info as they go. I use them a lot and never had any problems, I mean more than 100 basses/pedals etc sent. Not loads of help but hopefully puts your mind at ease for a bit! I know couriers are mega struggling atm, obviously this doesn't help with new pedal gas!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, glassmoon said:

Hello all... 

Anyone here used Parcel2go recently to send anything?

I bought a pedal from @Bassman666 (thanks mate) and he sent it on Tuesday on 24 hour delivery... it's now Friday and the status hasn't gone beyond "collection" - which is the 2nd point and just before "in transit" which comes before "at the depot" - which means that it is not yet even ready to be sent to me!!!!!!!!!!!!  P2G no longer uses a contact phone number and there isn't an email or anything to get in touch with them... their online chat bot I swear is more stupid than my French Bulldog.  It seems purposefully obtuse in trying to evade answering the question.  The tracking status now says "We are very sorry that your parcel has not yet been delivered." because now all is right with the world.

WHERE IS MY BLOODY PARCEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem... does anyone know anyone who knows how to get hold of these people?  an email, a phone number, the name of a carrier pigeon even?  This honestly is THE worst service I have ever experienced from a courier, and I come from South Africa!

Kind regards... albeit with a slight hint of anger

Julian aka glassmoon

Who is the courier?

Understand that P2Go is just the broker, so any issue with the parcel after collection will be with the courier. Do you have a courier tracking number, rather than P2Go, from the parcel label?

Edited by Kev
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

The real tracking number and courier information will be on the label which the sender will have a copy of. Ask them for the details and you should be able to get more up to date information.

Will do - many thanks all

Yeh, Don't blame the broker. They did try and help me with the Steinberger that supposedly sat in Hermes' Edinburgh bulk depot for two weeks but even they couldn't get an answer out of Hermes. Even when the bass unexpectedly turned up in Vienna, it was still showing as being in Edinburgh. And that was just before the Pandemic hit in early 2020. Imagine what it's like now!!

Hermes are having problems at the moment, lost two of my parcels end of last year, and a few more took a long time to delivery, 5 weeks being the longest.  If your friend used a Hermes service (which may have been the cheapest P2GO offered) buckle up, you could be waiting a while, and they will do absolutely nothing to help you.

• Like 3

Well... I suppose the only consolation is that ,y band is pretty much on extended hiatus ... been looking forward to this Spectracomp for ages now... finally bit the bullet and now this nonsense... 

Royal Mail may charge a wee bit more, but I've never once had any issues... 

Anyhooooooooooo.... chin up, best foot forward and all that sort of thing... Talley ho!  What, What, What!!!

52 minutes ago, Kev said:

Hermes are having problems at the moment, lost two of my parcels end of last year, and a few more took a long time to delivery, 5 weeks being the longest.  If your friend used a Hermes service (which may have been the cheapest P2GO offered) buckle up, you could be waiting a while, and they will do absolutely nothing to help you.

Undoubtedly. The only time I did manage to get through to a human being at Hermes, they could not assist me, other than saying there were problems at the depot.

There's something I really don't understand : Why stubbornly use cheap couriers when you know it will also mean cheap to no service ?

If it's cheap, it means someone is not being paid in the chain or nobody is paid correctly, so expect problems.

A broker is an unnecessary intermediate who must be paid, so you know where most of the money is going.

It's too easy to say don't blame the broker, when the broker is the "person" with whom you've dealt, nobody else, making "him" fully responsible.

I've used these brokers a few times, but stopped as it was a real pain in the *ss when you want to have an information or a status and I was fed up by the usual "it's not me, it's them" answer.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

A broker is an unnecessary intermediate who must be paid, so you know where most of the money is going.

That's not true.  The Brokers just buy services in bulk, you're getting the exact same courier service you would if you went direct, and I'm not sure I know of any courier that doesn't appear on some service like P2Go.

• Like 1

As far as I've been lead to believe, Parcelforce, Parcel2go, Hermes... they're all much of a muchness. Unless you pay for the really big boys like DHL products UPS, they're all pretty much the same thing.
I've not experienced anyone issue with say DPD, or Hermes or The Courier Guy... and they're all affiliated with P2G.

What irks me, and this would be true of any service I was engaged with, is there is no communication, no way contact them. And as fat as I can see, no recourse other than waiting. @Supernaut, your comment is indeed true, but it's not the point. Someone paid for an expedited service that has not been given. @Bassman666 should, in all fairness, be entitled to his money back. Surely this is not too much to ask, that a courier, well... couriers????

46 minutes ago, Kev said:

That's not true.  The Brokers just buy services in bulk, you're getting the exact same courier service you would if you went direct, and I'm not sure I know of any courier that doesn't appear on some service like P2Go.

Then explain why the brokers offer no service at all after having taken the money...

For the OP, the contract has been made with P2Go whose responsibility doesn't go further away than taking the money : there is something wrong in this system.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hellzero said:

Then explain why the brokers offer no service at all after having taken the money...

For the OP, the contract has been made with P2Go whose responsibility doesn't go further away than taking the money : there is something wrong in this system.

I just mean, by going to one of the broker services here (just remembered you're not UK based), you pay less for the same service you'd get direct with the courier.  They're literally just a way of booking, taking advantages of the discounts they get for their booking power, and no they're rarely interested once you've booked, mainly because they have as much influence as you over the courier you choose.

Edited by Kev

57 minutes ago, Kev said:

I just mean, by going to one of the broker services here (just remembered you're not UK based), you pay less for the same service you'd get direct with the courier.  They're literally just a way of booking, taking advantages of the discounts they get for their booking power, and no they're rarely interested once you've booked, mainly because they have as much influence as you over the courier you choose.

Don't you think that we have brokers over here in Belgium, @Kev and that taking me for a fool is some kind of stupid sectarianism ?

Really astonishing patronising behaviour, especially from a moderator !

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

9 hours ago, Kev said:

This and with the multitude of apps available for each of the various couriers out there it’s a “single pane of glass” solution. The disadvantage as explained is if there is a problem with delivery it’s another link in the chain towards resolution.

Don’t think Kev is being patronising l just think something is being lost in the message. A pitfall of most electronic communication.

• Like 1

The local UPS guy takes all deliveries to the Parcelshop because he can't be bothered to deliver them to each home according to the Mr Shopkeeper, you just get a message saying you were not in when they (don't) try to deliver. Parcelforce took over 10 days to deliver something that was meant to be 48 hour delivery.

Sadly none of them are particularly good, Royal Mail still haven't delivered stuff ordered at the beginning of December.

You can easily call Interparcel (broker) if there's an issue with a delivery or collection and they sort it out but you never get a refund or a follow up after reporting a situation like the UPS or Parcelforce one mentioned above.