Why become a member? ×

One for Gibson fans - SG Bass in Pelham blue

Clarky

2 minutes ago, Sibob said:

Yeah it’s all about the Olive one for me too!

Si

Me too. CME seem to be able to arrange for limited colour products from the big manufacturers. Anderton’s sometimes get in on this action too, so we might see those here.

The drab olive reminds me of all the Range Rovers in SW London that are in faux military colours but in reality the owners are called Giles and Clarissa and their two children are called Charlie and Violetta

Edited by Clarky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonesy said:

As lovely as this is, @Clarky, that TV yellow one you have (or had?) is probably the best looking SG Bass I've seen! 

Sold it as, however much I like the look of SG/EB basses, I don't find them comfortable to play. The TV yellow one was was a beaut for sure

• Like 1

On 14/01/2022 at 19:29, Clarky said:

Sold it as, however much I like the look of SG/EB basses, I don't find them comfortable to play. The TV yellow one was was a beaut for sure

Ah, shame you didn't get on with it. I picked up a SG last year and it's one of my favourite basses to play, every now and again I Google 'TV Yellow SG bass' and your one still comes up. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Grahambythesea said:

Looks great in blue. I know the spec says short scale but that neck looks long!

It's a combination of the wee body and the bridge being set relatively far in from the edge of the body to give that extra reach to the first fret.

8 minutes ago, artisan said:

Love the blue but personally I just wish Gibson made an EB3 reissue instead of the SG

Out of all the companies in the world making basses, Gibson probably give the least number of Fs what you wish for ;) Just join the queue - people want a single pickup Thunderbird, an EB-2 (or even for Epiphone to reissue a Rivoli), or for them to return to their wacky days of the 70s/80s without sending out abortive half arsed attempts at it (like the Grabber 3 70's Tribute, the Moogless RD they did, the "posh" Grabber 2 that missed the whole point of the Grabber (that it was a quality, but inexpensive instrument).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neepheid said:

Out of all the companies in the world making basses, Gibson probably give the least number of Fs what you wish for ;) Just join the queue - people want a single pickup Thunderbird, an EB-2 (or even for Epiphone to reissue a Rivoli), or for them to return to their wacky days of the 70s/80s without sending out abortive half arsed attempts at it (like the Grabber 3 70's Tribute, the Moogless RD they did, the "posh" Grabber 2 that missed the whole point of the Grabber (that it was a quality, but inexpensive instrument).

+1 for Eb2 or Rivoli. I look every year at what they are releasing