Why become a member? ×

Barefaced 2-10s (2) for sale or trade - *SOLD*
£1000
gravesend Kent

Jamison

Sold sold sold

3 months old, for sale or trade. Original boxes, never left recording studio. Immaculate, cost £1260. Apparently BF are increasing the prices on their gear as you read this according to their staff. 

I am seeking super tight enclosures that are incredibly articulate but can also hold its own on stage, modular preferred. Open to trades (Eden vanderkley some ampeg.. let me know what you got! P basses always considered too..) 

Edited by Jamison
Sold
  • Like 3

On 16/01/2022 at 09:56, AScheck9 said:

I think the S in 2-10s stands for switchable. They can be switched between either 4ohm or 12ohms. 

Yes you are correct, 4 and 12 ohms switchable.. 

Sorry I thought I would have got notifications of responses to my posts so I could answer in a decent amount of time, but have not received any notifications.

On 14/01/2022 at 11:38, Jamison said:

I am seeking super tight enclosures that are incredibly articulate but can also hold its own on stage, modular preferred.

See to me, that's exactly what these cabs are. Sorry to be this guy, and not that you asked, but I'd maybe suggest taking them on a few gigs before selling...

I have a couple of two10s myself and I love them, but it took me a few months of gigging them a decent volumes before they started to really shine. All that stuff Barefaced say about 'playing-in' the drivers is absolutely true in my experience. I actually nearly sold mine too after a couple of months of owning them because I didn't like the sound I was getting at first, but now I'm grateful I stuck with them. They're now as articulate yet warm as I hoped they would be, they just take a bit of time to wear in. Best tone I've ever had, live and recorded. 

Anyway sorry to derail your thread. Somebody will snap up these great cabs soon I'm sure - I sure would if I didn't have some already. Hope you find the tone you're after! 

3 hours ago, Spoonman said:

See to me, that's exactly what these cabs are. Sorry to be this guy, and not that you asked, but I'd maybe suggest taking them on a few gigs before selling...

I have a couple of two10s myself and I love them, but it took me a few months of gigging them a decent volumes before they started to really shine. All that stuff Barefaced say about 'playing-in' the drivers is absolutely true in my experience. I actually nearly sold mine too after a couple of months of owning them because I didn't like the sound I was getting at first, but now I'm grateful I stuck with them. They're now as articulate yet warm as I hoped they would be, they just take a bit of time to wear in. Best tone I've ever had, live and recorded. 

Anyway sorry to derail your thread. Somebody will snap up these great cabs soon I'm sure - I sure would if I didn't have some already. Hope you find the tone you're after! 

Thanks fella, makes sense. I bought them however for my recording studio - wanted light weight articulate top of the line 10's primarily for enjoyment, and if needed for gigging if they could hold their own then that is a big plus. I have ampeg cabs and some back breaking gear for live shows however. So having to break them in as such is a bit of a let down. I cranked them last night through a valve head and a louder volumes not impressed either, but they are loud as hell. They do sound better through my genz benz solid state :)
Anyway thanks for commenting!

• Like 1

• Jamison changed the title to Sold! Barefaced 2-10s (2) for sale or trade