Why become a member? ×

Chris Square??

NikNik

16 hours ago, Bassassin said:

More curious that the guy who quit Tool in 1995, before they had any meaningful success, and who has been very low-profile during the following 27 years, appears to be worth an obscene amount of money! And is that a Geddy Leg Jazz he's playing in the pic?

I've just been reading that he joined Ministry a couple of years back.

3 minutes ago, Misdee said:

Never mind Chris Square, how has Paul D'Amour amassed a net worth of six million dollars? I've never heard of him.

Me neither.

To expand on this topic, I was searching for info on Paul Simenon's Jackson Pollocked Rick and  Paul D'Amour came up in the hits. I might now check out his playing.

Screenshot 2022-01-14 104709.png

3 minutes ago, NikNik said:

Me neither.

To expand on this topic, I was searching for info on Paul Simenon's Jackson Pollocked Rick and  Paul D'Amour came up in the hits. I might now check out his playing.

Screenshot 2022-01-14 104709.png

Check out his playing? More likely I will be checking out his financial advisor! 😄

2 hours ago, Misdee said:

Never mind Chris Square, how has Paul D'Amour amassed a net worth of six million dollars? I've never heard of him.

Original bassist from Tool, played on their first EP & album, quit in 1995, well before they became massive. I'd guess as a founding member he must have retained some legal right to a proportion of their income. Doubt any of them would have expected the level of success they'd achieve, he left back when they were still playing club gigs.

10 minutes ago, Bassassin said:

Original bassist from Tool, played on their first EP & album, quit in 1995, well before they became massive. I'd guess as a founding member he must have retained some legal right to a proportion of their income. Doubt any of them would have expected the level of success they'd achieve, he left back when they were still playing club gigs.

I did notice on a YT video  plugging Ernie Ball strings that Justin Chancellor has got an impressive estate in California with his own teepee on it. There must be money in dark,  odd-meter, doom laden  naval-gazing  somewhere, obviously. 

Always struggled with 'stipend' as a term...

Getting back to CS, he's a walking cathedral... Bass pedals on the sub-octaves, 16th notes in the tenor and wonderful alto in the backing vocals. 

I really miss him and his music.

• Like 2